• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season Tickets for next year - any news?

Is the 'Catering' an in house thing though? Or is it contracted out and we just get a flat rate fee? Similar to the shop.
It should be in-house- it’s not rocket science. The pop-up food offering at Ebbsfleet put us to shame and if we can’t at least replicate that then that’s poor.

Of course, you also have the catering for the lounges. A decent Hospitality or Events Manager backed with the right investment could put it right pretty quickly (go head hunt one from another sports facility that does the job well)

It should be in-house- it’s not rocket science. The pop-up food offering at Ebbsfleet put us to shame and if we can’t at least replicate that then that’s poor.

Of course, you also have the catering for the lounges. A decent Hospitality or Events Manager backed with the right investment could put it right pretty quickly (go head hunt one from another sports facility that does the job well)

Percentage would be the answer. A well run owner operator will always provide better food and service than in house average at best.

Do we not think the club should at least make some kind of announcement as to the potential timings here? To leave the entire fan base completely in the dark is not good.

Do we not think the club should at least make some kind of announcement as to the potential timings here? To leave the entire fan base completely in the dark is not good.
I am pretty sure they are just waiting for that agreement from the council so the sale can go ahead. No-one wants to be doing anything while the Rat Man is still, technically, in charge.

I am pretty sure they are just waiting for that agreement from the council so the sale can go ahead. No-one wants to be doing anything while the Rat Man is still, technically, in charge.
It's an interesting situation because if the sale is NOT approved at this stage, then the season ticket monies, which will be substantial, will have to come into a club still owned by Ron Martin who can then decide how it is distributed/allocated/spent.

And I don't think there's anything anyone can do about that.

It's an interesting situation because if the sale is NOT approved at this stage, then the season ticket monies, which will be substantial, will have to come into a club still owned by Ron Martin who can then decide how it is distributed/allocated/spent.

And I don't think there's anything anyone can do about that.
I think there might be......

Merely that I don't think Tom will allow him the kind of free rein he had in the past to do what he wanted to with income.
I am not sure Tom could do much as atm The rat is his boss. Surely this is the very reason that the season tickets have not been released, so he can't get his greedy mits on the money. Makes you wonder about previous seasons if the new guys and Tom are that concerned.

I am not sure Tom could do much as atm The rat is his boss. Surely this is the very reason that the season tickets have not been released, so he can't get his greedy mits on the money. Makes you wonder about previous seasons if the new guys and Tom are that concerned.
If Ron is calling the shots then he could put season tickets on sale

With Tom now being part of the consortium Ron can hardly sack him.

If Ron is calling the shots then he could put season tickets on sale

My understanding is that Ron has washed his hands of the club and has had no say in anything since last summer.

In his mind, it’s not his club anymore. He’s just using it as a vehicle (hostage) to get to his next destination.

Ron isn’t calling any shots, but we can’t take that for granted as he is still technically the owner.

Can't you the money raised from season tickets go into an account controlled by the new owners?

As Ron is still the provisional owner, I don’t think so, although happy to be corrected.

The other question that nobody has asked is, if the inevitable happens this summer and we sell some of our prize assets, where does that money go…..

As Ron is still the provisional owner, I don’t think so, although happy to be corrected.

The other question that nobody has asked is, if the inevitable happens this summer and we sell some of our prize assets, where does that money go…..
That was kind of my point in the earlier post, he may not have anything to do with the day to day running of the club anymore but whilst his name is still above the door anything is possible. And if the new guys had absolute faith that he would not do anything regarding the club and funds surely they would of put the season tickets on sale by now.

They are being wisely cautious.

That was kind of my point in the earlier post, he may not have anything to do with the day to day running of the club anymore but whilst his name is still above the door anything is possible. And if the new guys had absolute faith that he would not do anything regarding the club and funds surely they would of put the season tickets on sale by now.

They are being wisely cautious.

Agreed it’s, as you were, for the time being. Can’t blame them either, they’re committing time, effort and money into something that they can’t even build a business plan for, as it stands.

I guess the pertinent question is, when will they run out of patience? I don’t believe anyone would continue funding a club/business indefinitely when they don’t own it or have any grounds to recoup their investments.

Stating the bleed in’ obvious here, but we desperately need this deal done over the summer. If it doesn’t happen - for whatever reason (Ron) - I think we’ll have run out of lives.

Agreed it’s, as you were, for the time being. Can’t blame them either, they’re committing time, effort and money into something that they can’t even build a business plan for, as it stands.

I guess the pertinent question is, when will they run out of patience? I don’t believe anyone would continue funding a club/business indefinitely when they don’t own it or have any grounds to recoup their investments.

Stating the bleed in’ obvious here, but we desperately need this deal done over the summer. If it doesn’t happen - for whatever reason (Ron) - I think we’ll have run out of lives.
I think the council meetings about it are tonight and tomorrow?

I think the council meetings about it are tonight and tomorrow?

I’ve lost track of the dates.

The only one I’ve got in my head is the mid-May deadline for the WUP to be settled by.

And I recall that was going to be touch and go.

Back