• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 10 2006,13:39)]I think it's a disgrace that someone who's been a loyal season ticket holder for the last 6 years of generally cr@ppy football (the last 2 seasons excepted) should get treated like this.

I understand that there have been a lot of season tickets this year, but the simple fact that they didn't seem to have any record that I'd been had one for the previous X years was a bit poor...

I'm sufficiently displeased that I doubt I'll attend any more games. Maybe it's cutting my nose off to spite my face but hey-ho.

LMD
I peronally think that hey-ho is a very sad attitude to take.

I'm sorry, if that was me I'd be down there banging on Ron Martin's door.  Of course they've got a record of how long you've been a seaso, it's on their computer & they use it for marketing purposes often enough.  

I'm also sure 75-80%, or probably far more, of people just filled in an application form to either renew or apply for a new ticket, it's only those who paid cash who got a receipt.

What they didn't seem to have a record of was who applied  for or renewed a season ticket & when.  I know as I was the one who saw the several boxes & was told to just look in there for my mate's application when I wanted to change it.  Ther's enough people who witnessed the shambles who can back you up.

If LMD your ticket really has been sold to someone else & you genuinely did get your application before the cut off, you should get in before that person gets used to the seat that should be yours & have them shifted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Aug. 10 2006,14:53)]Of course they've got a record of how long you've been a seaso, it's on their computer & they use it for marketing purposes often enough.  
The club have your details on record, but do not have a record of how long anyone has been a season ticket holder.

That is why we could never have a scheme offering longer standing season ticket holders first priority on away tickets.

If you remember there was even a box on the season ticket forms to tick if you were a season ticket holder for the previous 2 seasons.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 10 2006,15:02)]The club have your details on record, but do not have a record of how long anyone has been a season ticket holder.
They flaming well ought to know & probably have if they look hard enough or can be arsed.

Most databases &/or associated packages we deal with have a creation record attached to them, even if you can't see them. Even if the system they're using is new, there's no way they should have disposed of the old data from which the relevant bits could easily be resurrected with bit of nous.

Ironically enough, SUFC is heralded as a innovator in CRM by other clubs in the League!!

sad.gif

im a new season ticket holder in the south upper,i took my season card application down there a week after season had finished,i was told that they would not take cards of any desciption or cheques to process the card.

As there is 3 of us,we had a trip to the bank to draw all the cash out which was a pain,but couldnt grumble.i was told our original seats we picked were gone an they located us as close as possible,we had to pick up our tickets in the end,2 weeks before start of season even though we paid for postage,got there saturday and all three worked which was a relief after what i was reading on SZ.

If i had a renewal which was sold id wouldnt be very happy,and would want answers from the club,cant see myself how the **** up has been made,surly it cant be that hard.

Anyway hope all those that have had troubles sort it out quickly,i just thought id let u no what happen with ours.

up the shrimpers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 10 2006,14:39)]I'm sufficiently displeased that I doubt I'll attend any more games. Maybe it's cutting my nose off to spite my face but hey-ho.
Maybe you could ask the person who has been allocated your seat whether he (or she) would be prepared to swap. After all if you've sat in the same place for six years and are surrounded by people you know then it can't be comfortable for a new face to wander into the crowd. Let's face Southend United have proved to be so incompetent in this matter that it's any wonder that the club is clawing its way out of debt. The ticket office is an absolute shambles and I really feel for you guys who have been having all the problems. Believe me, if I was still in England then I would certainly NOT be signing off "hey ho" but demanding answers from a clearly uninterested football club. Poor show. Poor show.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,16:28)]... The ticket office is an absolute shambles and I really feel for you guys who have been having all the problems. Believe me, if I was still in England then I would certainly NOT be signing off "hey ho" but demanding answers from a clearly uninterested football club. Poor show. Poor show.
OK so I've been guilted into action after a moment of depression.

Called the ticket office again today and was told they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything. When I aksed to speak to the supervisor I got told to come back on Saturday and speak to the manager of the ticket office.

I don't have high hopes but I will see what happens

<fingers crossed>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 11 2006,10:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,16:28)]... The ticket office is an absolute shambles and I really feel for you guys who have been having all the problems. Believe me, if I was still in England then I would certainly NOT be signing off "hey ho" but demanding answers from a clearly uninterested football club. Poor show. Poor show.
OK so I've been guilted into action after a moment of depression.

Called the ticket office again today and was told they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything. When I aksed to speak to the supervisor I got told to come back on Saturday and speak to the manager of the ticket office.

I don't have high hopes but I will see what happens

<fingers crossed>
Not good enough. They should have got your details and told you they will get someone to call you back.

Ive PMed you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 11 2006,10:48)]Called the ticket office again today and was told they couldn&#39;t (wouldn&#39;t) do anything. When I aksed to speak to the supervisor I got told to come back on Saturday and speak to the manager of the ticket office.
To be fair the the lady who I think is the ticket office manager she always been exceedingly helpful to me, apart from presumably cancelling the wrong one of my 2 cards last weekend&#33;
wow.gif
She also knows what sort of a hopeless postion they were in about keeping track of the applications. Hence the boxes in no particular order.

Stick to your guns, if you&#39;re sure of your facts. They&#39;ll have on record that you were a seaso last season. There is no reason that you can&#39;t insist that your original seat be re-instated if you can persuade them that you&#39;re in the right. If they&#39;ve f*cked up it&#39;s down to them to explain it to the other ticket holder. Did you see anyone you know when you were delivering your original application? Was there anything else that you can remember about that day etc etc.

Unfortunately, leaving it too late to check is something you should never do with SUFC&#33; A lesson learnt. But good luck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Aug. 11 2006,11:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegendaryMrDude @ Aug. 11 2006,10:48)]... I got told to come back on Saturday and speak to the manager of the ticket office.

To be fair the the lady who I think is the ticket office manager she always been exceedingly helpful to me...
My confidence (and my ticket) is restored.

A visit to the ticket office and, 5 minutes later, my season ticket is reactivated. The manager of the ticket office made no complaints and accepted that it was the club&#39;s problem, not mine.

The fact that I knew the names of all around me and the fact that my dad had the seat next to me, plus the fact that my seat had been sold to someone BEFORE the renewal deadline had passed all added up to a no quibbles sorting of the situation.

Once I found the right person (in this case the very nice lady that runs the ticket office), it was sorted literally in minutes. Lessons to be learned on both sides - I certainly won&#39;t have so much blind faith in &quot;the process&quot; next time&#33;

See you next Saturday&#33;

LMD.

The thing I suggested at the club when I waited to renew my s/ticket for an hour and a half, was why couldn&#39;t they have two lines one for new season tickets who wanted to find a seat and another for those who were going to renew, this would have stopped any duplicate bookings as on the computer it would/should be clearly marked who is a holder from last season .

The other thing that pee&#39;s me off is in the family stand the kids who still jump the fence to go to wards the north bank end , the stewards do not look out for this and then wonder why there is not enough seats or why they stand at the back

Oh and my s/ticket and old mans don&#39;t work, mine never has from day one, but me old mans did last season, but not this season, wonder what going to happen if after game five it still happens can see stewards and supporters having extreme words, through no fault of both parties

Back