• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Serious Question About the Pitch

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
With all this work being done (which I for one believe is needed, even if just to lower the pitch so the run up for a corner is easier) I was just wondering what happens if there is a drought order and we can't water it once it has been seeded?

ghostface.gif

think it won't effect us... im sure it will be sorted..

we a professional outfit after all?

Doesn't matter, a drought order covers commercial enterprises too. I think they will have to get the teamin to have a bath once a day and use the water from that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 28 2006,09:47)]Doesn't matter, a drought order covers commercial enterprises too. I think they will have to get the teamin to have a bath once a day and use the water from that!
you think fredy's bathwater will do the job?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 28 2006,09:33)]With all this work being done (which I for one believe is needed, even if just to lower the pitch so the run up for a corner is easier) I was just wondering what happens if there is a drought order and we can't water it once it has been seeded?

ghostface.gif
As i understand it the club pays a whole wad of extra cash to be able to water the pitch all through the summer regardless of drought restrictions. Its only if standpipes appear in the street that i think they wont be able to water the pitch and i'm sure that they have liaised with their water suppliers first. And after all the rain last week i dont think that we'll need that for a while
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ May 28 2006,09:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 28 2006,09:33)]With all this work being done (which I for one believe is needed, even if just to lower the pitch so the run up for a corner is easier) I was just wondering what happens if there is a drought order and we can't water it once it has been seeded?

ghostface.gif
As i understand it the club pays a whole wad of extra cash to be able to water the pitch all through the summer regardless of drought restrictions.  Its only if standpipes appear in the street that i think they wont be able to water the pitch and i'm sure that they have liaised with their water suppliers first.  And after all the rain last week i dont think that we'll need that for a while  
biggrin.gif
I don't think that's right. Despite the Club's high water bills they'd still be caught by any restrictions. There are already golf clubs in Kent who are having to bring in water by tanker. I'm sure the same would apply to us if Southend is designated a drought area.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 28 2006,09:52)]
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif
As i understand it the club pays a whole wad of extra cash to be able to water the pitch all through the summer regardless of drought restrictions.  Its only if standpipes appear in the street that i think they wont be able to water the pitch and i'm sure that they have liaised with their water suppliers first.  And after all the rain last week i dont think that we'll need that for a while  
biggrin.gif
I don't think that's right.  Despite the Club's high water bills they'd still be caught by any restrictions.  There are already golf clubs in Kent who are having to bring in water by tanker. I'm sure the same would apply to us if Southend is designated a drought area.
Possibly, but i did a mini tour of Roots Hall a couple of years back when i had some Koreans over for a visit, we were shoen round by the tall Aussie, cant remember his name. The koreans wanted to go on the pitch but it was being watered so they werent allowed but one of our party asked why they were allowed to water the pitch in times of a water shortage and that was the answer he gave. I suppose he could have been Bulls*itting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ May 28 2006,10:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 28 2006,09:52)]
[b said:
[b said:

ghostface.gif
biggrin.gif
I don't think that's right.  Despite the Club's high water bills they'd still be caught by any restrictions.  There are already golf clubs in Kent who are having to bring in water by tanker. I'm sure the same would apply to us if Southend is designated a drought area.
Possibly, but i did a mini tour of Roots Hall a couple of years back when i had some Koreans over for a visit, we were shoen round by the tall Aussie, cant remember his name.  The koreans wanted to go on the pitch but it was being watered so they werent allowed but one of our party asked why they were allowed to water the pitch in times of a water shortage and that was the answer he gave. I suppose he could have been Bulls*itting.
But that was during a water shortage, not a drought order.

I thought professional clubs, cricket grounds, golf grounds etc dont get hit by a hosepipe ban so they can use as much as they like?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ May 28 2006,10:44)]I thought professional clubs, cricket grounds, golf grounds etc dont get hit by a hosepipe ban so they can use as much as they like?
Once again, I am not talking about a hose pipe ban, i'm talking about drought order restrictions, which do apply to commercial enterprises.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't think that's right. Despite the Club's high water bills they'd still be caught by any restrictions. There are already golf clubs in Kent who are having to bring in water by tanker. I'm sure the same would apply to us if Southend is designated a drought area.

There is more rains to come next week, so Southend Utd don't need to waste money on using water tanks etc to water the pitch, its don't make sense.

Thats it ! I demand a refund on my seaso ! What a waste of space this board is sometimes . Roll on the new season when the moaners can get there fingers busy when we only draw at home with Leeds United ! There is no order banning use in Southend currently only advice to use it efficiently ! and anyway a professional League football Club would still be allowed to use water just like golf clubs Etc yawn yawn yawn

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 28 2006,17:52)]Thats it !  I demand a refund on my seaso !        What a waste of space this board is sometimes  . Roll on the new season when the moaners can get there fingers busy when we only draw at home with Leeds United !     There is no order banning use in Southend currently only advice to use it efficiently !  and anyway  a professional League football Club would still be allowed to use water just like golf clubs Etc       yawn yawn yawn
Another one who has missed the point.

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF A DROUGHT ORDER WAS BROUGHT IN?

It could be quite funny if the pitch was reseeded and suddenly they can't water it!

Also, this is supposed to be a hyperthetical discussion to while away the time. If you're not interested then don't comment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 28 2006,17:52)] and anyway  a professional League football Club would still be allowed to use water just like golf clubs Etc       yawn yawn yawn
As said above, golf clubs in Surrey are not allowed to water their courses during a drought order and I doubt a football club would get any special allowance.

Anyway, with the weather the way it has been last two weeks dont think theres much to worry about!

Back