• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Hall of Fame

ShrimperZone Hall of Fame - 1 : The Custodian

• Derek Bellotti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mervyn Cawston

• Neil Freeman

• Peter Goy

• Trevor Roberts

• Simon Royce

• Paul Sansome

• Jim Stannard

• Harry Threadgold

• Malcolm Webster

• Total voters

Javea Shrimper

I know we did this last summer but we've had a lot of new "members" of the SZ community join us in the last 12 months and it would be interesting to see if opinions change.

Vote now for the goalkeeper who should be voted to the "SZ Hall of Fame".

WS

I've always thought Roycey just edged Sammy from my days... shame cos Sammy was a great keeper, but for what Royce achieved for us, then what he went on to do, makes him my Hall of Famer!!

Sammy for me, no question.

Matt

P.S. Wot no Darryl...?!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Sammy for me as well, very good lower league keeper who was instrumental in the two promotions that took us from Div 4 to Div 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 16 2004,20:05)]Stan the man, Collymore was my hall of fame
Excellent ... however I don't remember him ever playing in goal!!!

WS

Merv the swerve,with his dodgy blond locks.
The finest keeper I have seen at the Hall,mind you the defence in front of him was half decent

this probably depends a lot on the age of each voter. For me its Sammy no question

Whils't im too young looking at stats and things others have said plus the choices, im going for Marv.

Mervyn Cawston, isnt it, wasnt it, mmmmm, blonde hair flowing in the days of jumpers for goalposts. He gets my vote.

I just had a flashback of Neil Freeman playing in an all white kit. Does any one else remember that or did dream it?

As Nestudas rightly said, the problem with polls like this is the fact that the SZ regulars are drawn from all age groups. I suspect that the vast majority of those old enough to remember Mervyn Cawston wouldn't consider any other choice, including Paul Sansome.

Unless of course, Harry Threadgold was better?
rock.gif
But then I'm not old enough to be able to comment on that....

Back