• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Sports - Now TV

Jam_Man

Life President
I dont subscribe to Sky Sports because I pretty muchlost interest in the Premiership long ago and we for some reason arent on there a lot, and when we are Im at the game anyway.

Ive seen that Now TV are doing a day pass for Sky Sports which sounds like a great idea to me.

http://www.nowtv.com/sports

However what completely lets it down is the pricing, £9.99 for one day ? Im not sure how much Id have to pay to get Sky Sports on my Virgin Media package but cant imagine its more than £30 a month, so a pound a day, yet they think £10 for a day pass is good value ?

If it was £3-£5 I would probably do it now and again, but when you can stream any game online for free anyway I dont see how they think a tenner is good value ?

Anyone else envisage using it?

I get Sky Sports for free on my phone, not great quality but it saves arguments with the girlfriend about the TV when I can sit there and watch on the phone anyway and not pay a penny. Even the Sky on a PC thing is a lot cheaper and that can be wired into a TV!?

I dont subscribe to Sky Sports because I pretty muchlost interest in the Premiership long ago and we for some reason arent on there a lot, and when we are Im at the game anyway.

Ive seen that Now TV are doing a day pass for Sky Sports which sounds like a great idea to me.

http://www.nowtv.com/sports

However what completely lets it down is the pricing, £9.99 for one day ? Im not sure how much Id have to pay to get Sky Sports on my Virgin Media package but cant imagine its more than £30 a month, so a pound a day, yet they think £10 for a day pass is good value ?

If it was £3-£5 I would probably do it now and again, but when you can stream any game online for free anyway I dont see how they think a tenner is good value ?

Anyone else envisage using it?
I agree, £3 to £5 for a big game or day of sport and I'd be all over it. But not for £10.

Thats the problem, I can get games online for free. Id happily pay a few quid on a Sunday but a tenner is too much.

Sky dont see to be able to price one offs right, and in the current climate when people are complaining about ticket prices its odd they think they can charge a tenner just to watch TV.

Totally agree that at £5 or under this could be a good idea.

Nothing to do on a Sunday, and you fancy a super sunday double, or a weekend free during the Ashes, excellent.

£10 a day seems bizarre to me!

Thats the problem, I can get games online for free. Id happily pay a few quid on a Sunday but a tenner is too much.

Sky dont see to be able to price one offs right, and in the current climate when people are complaining about ticket prices its odd they think they can charge a tenner just to watch TV.

The problem they have is if they price it too low they might lose monthly subscribers which are their bread and butter.

piggy back on someones account then,its what sky go is for.

The problem they have is if they price it too low they might lose monthly subscribers which are their bread and butter.

How much is it monthly though ? Even if it was a fiver if I did it 4 times a month they would get £20. If they price it right then they will attract the casual watchers like me who wont pay for the full package.

The problem with it being a tenner is that it doesnt feel like value, Id think if I was going to pay a tenner for one day I might as well subscribe and get 30 days.

EDIT £32 for a month for me on Virgin Media. So £1 a day. So £5 for a day seems like a decent price, but as most people only watch Sky Sports 1 day a week it would indeed cost many less to do it like that, but would they make more from casual people to make up for it. Guess not if they have set it at £10

piggy back on someones account then,its what sky go is for.

Having wracked my brains I actually dont know anyone who has sky sports anymore!

How much is it monthly though ? Even if it was a fiver if I did it 4 times a month they would get £20. If they price it right then they will attract the casual watchers like me who wont pay for the full package.
Having wracked my brains I actually dont know anyone who has sky sports anymore!

We pay about 90 quid in our house but we have 3 subscription, HD and 3D.

If they made it much cheaper than a tenner, say a fiver, I could pick 18 days a month to watch. Obviously less in the summer when there is no footy on.

Please sir, me sir.

I have to* have Sky[SUP]+[/SUP] with Multiroom for the missus, and you can only get that on the back of one of the premium packages. Not being bothered by the Movies, I went for Sky Sports.

*As her condition gets worse, Helen is less and less able to spend time reading or to go out much, but she watches a lot of TV on various Sky channels. I know we "living on benefits types" shouldn't waste money on Sky, but frankly I would rather starve than deprive Helen of her sole available stimulus and entertainment.

Please sir, me sir.

I have to* have Sky[SUP]+[/SUP] with Multiroom for the missus, and you can only get that on the back of one of the premium packages. Not being bothered by the Movies, I went for Sky Sports.

*As her condition gets worse, Helen is less and less able to spend time reading or to go out much, but she watches a lot of TV on various Sky channels. I know we "living on benefits types" shouldn't waste money on Sky, but frankly I would rather starve than deprive Helen of her sole available stimulus and entertainment.

Dont put yourself down im sure your convo is better than sky tv.

*Hands up*

Big rugby league, darts, cricket and American Football fan too, so it's practically compulsory if you want to follow those sports.

Back