• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Sports

shrimpereeee

First XI
Not having recorded the game can anyone who watched the coverage on Sky let me know (and possibly others) how the game came across? Oh and who was the expert?.....not Whelan or Fat Fry I hope!

My mate said it was Dave Bassett. And apparently he is in love with Freddy!

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Ain't we all!!

biggrin.gif

It wasn't Whelan - hurrah!!. It was Harry Bassett

coverage was pants if you ask me.

came accross as a good atmosphere at the hall though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 09 2005,19:53)]My mate said it was Dave Bassett. And apparently he is in love with Freddy!

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Ain't we all!!

biggrin.gif
More so Tony Gale though. The fact that he's known about him for years and that he played with his son at kids level has seemingly made him his favourite player!

Least we're getting noticed though.

Having watched snippets of my recording back, it's nice that we've actually had some comments like "Southend deserved to win" etc. I've got all our recent live Sky games on tape and with the exception of the Play Off Final's extra time, there's nothing really to look back on with any joy.

Anyway, I'm glad we got Gale doing it and not that t%&t Gary Birtles who never seemingly has a good word to say about us. Add that to his Forest roots and we really would've come in for some critiscism.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Oct. 10 2005,16:39)]Shame Sky couldn't get Stan Collymore to be the expert, played for both teams
Well indeed - he would seem to be the obvious choice. My guess is it's less to do with "not being able to get him" as not wanting to as a result of his recent past. Let's not forget he was a more than useful pundit before his car-park manoeuvres.

Shame 'cos I'd like to see him back.

As Stan's autobiography rightly points out, it's an absolute traversty that Big Ron is back on the radio after having said '******' on TV, and Collymore will never be back after...erm...having a bit of consensual sex.

Is there any logic there? No.

after watching the game again on sky was quite impressed with tony gale. he seems to be getting alot more 'lower' league games this season and his knowledge of the players at this level is better than any other that sky have tried. cant say i believe he actually goes to watch these games but at least he shows to have researched eached team and players properly, unlike his fellow employees.

gets the thumbs up for me and id be happy for him to continue

Back