• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would recommend following them on twitter. Very helpful and informative account

Huge over-reaction from the train companies. Wait and see what it's like before cancelling everything, idiots!

Surely it's better to cancel before a derailment, line going down, train breaking down etc.

Sensible to delay trains. An OHL rip down could last for days.

You are both aware of the train services that operate down here.....? the old "milk train" service would let anyone that needs to know if there were problems!

You are both aware of the train services that operate down here.....? the old "milk train" service would let anyone that needs to know if there were problems!

Considering i drive for C2C id say i do know them pretty well.. Have you seen how much damage high winds coupled with a train doing 75mph and 25000 v can do?

Take it there is no point sitting in my taxi at Southend Vic tomorrow morning then?

Huge over-reaction from the train companies. Wait and see what it's like before cancelling everything, idiots!
Firstly it's not the train companies over reacting, it's Network rail (who own the track) that has told the train companies to cancel services.
There are a huge amount of variables about the damage high winds can do, a tree falling on the track can derail a train and has the potential for serious injury or death, overhead lines coming down can strand people on trains for hours. So before you start calling people idiots please think about the consequences of doing nothing, I'm sure if carnage ensued because they didn't do anything you would be the first in the queue to say 'why were they running trains when the knew the risks'. I know which scenario I prefer. Be safe people

I think people are overreacting with the overreacting comments.

If the rail people aren't going to strike at the drop of Bob Crow's hat, it's the least we can do to let them have a lie-in on spurious grounds once in a while.

Has stormageddon hit yet?

I think people are overreacting with the overreacting comments.

If the rail people aren't going to strike at the drop of Bob Crow's hat, it's the least we can do to let them have a lie-in on spurious grounds once in a while.

Has stormageddon hit yet?

Wrong union I'm afraid. Rmt is most definately the minority at c2c. So maybe what that odious cretin stands for isn't echoed by every train driver ;-)

Roof tile has just smashed the rear window of my car :thumbdown:

Fortunately it was the Mondeo, the other one was tactically moved yesterday!

So has anyone lost any fences or trees or have had any other damage other than the above?

Fallen trees on A127 at Cuckoo Corner, Sutton Road near the Shopland junction and Kenilworth Gardens past the hospital, bear in mind if you're driving to work (the gf works in Hawkwell, should be fun). I am now working from home for the day.....

I've heard of several people with fence panels broken but nothing more than that locally to me. Some in Basildon lost power for a while.

So has anyone lost any fences or trees or have had any other damage other than the above?

We had our fences (and a few other bits and pieces around the garden) repaired last week. We now need to call them back!

Apart from that, driving my youngest to nursery this morning was interesting. There were bits of trees all over the road. In parts the roads were so covered you could hardly see the tarmac.

Thankfully yesterday I had the foresight to drive to the office to pick up my laptop so I could work from home today. If the roads were anything to go by, then well done the train companies.

Back