• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North of Oxford Street, it's the same. Leaving at 4 as train company says get home by 6!

That was for South Eastern, right? No such warnings on my train line, although I'm trying to argue my case with work right now. Better to be safe and all that...

Load of old bollocks in Leigh, we had a few fluffs .. then the sun came out.....tonight may be different though, I may have to pop to Waitrose and buy 30 gallons of milk and 48 loaves.

Not even a single snowflake currently on the ground where I am near Lakeside.

I did hear on the lunch time news that C2C and Greater Anglia are finishing early today, last trains around 10pm, with a reduced service from 8pm.

C2C Announced reduced services for Tuesday and will not change if weather stays ok

Last train tonight 9 pm from Fen Street

C2C Announced reduced services for Tuesday and will not change if weather stays ok

Last train tonight 9 pm from Fen Street

0417namfall01.jpg

Talking of the Ockendon branch line, C2C plan to run a shuttle service between Grays and Upminster on Tuesday, just 1 train every 45 minutes (even during peak hours) and consisting of only 4 carriages. It will be a nightmare i'm sure, especially on the platforms at Upminster, so avoid this route if at all possible.

I have just heard on the radio that some supermarkets have already sold out of milk and bread - really :nope: and that is just with a a tiny flurry here in Southend.

I have just heard on the radio that some supermarkets have already sold out of milk and bread - really :nope: and that is just with a a tiny flurry here in Southend.

We sent our office junior along to get milk this morning at 9 a.m. as we had none in the office and he said he literally got the last milk on the shelf! People really go mad - all you need is some common sense. I always keep an extra couple of pints in the freezer, unless you have a family of very young children, you don't really need much more than normal.

Reading your comment reminded me of this..

just_seen_a_snowflake_by_weimao-davl6nn.jpg

Knackerd, still building the fall out shelter....BRB .. The earth movers are here..

Has snowed 3 times since 7pm here in Leigh ( Thames Drive area), and reckon 1/2 to 1 inch on ground. I live on the A13, and currently have yet to see a gritter go by!.

Reasonable covering in Thorpe Bay. I shall look forward to using my snow shovel for the first time in a few years. The road along the sea front is usable but still has a bit of snow in one lane.

Lets be careful out there folks. Her Ladyships niece stacked her car a couple of days ago on black ice down in Devon. Rolled several times and very lucky she is not more seriously hurt.

Couple of centimetres here in my bit of Benfleet but you can see it's going to freeze given the chance. The road would normally have cleared tyre lines by now but it hasn't. Can hear the A130 is travelling normally which is good as we have a Broomfield appointment this morning!

Back