• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So who is wrong or right or are they both correct.

So was Kev right?

• Yes he is right for having a pop at fans

Votes: 90 42.9%
  • No he has to realise it is a two way street.

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 22 10.5%

• Total voters
Think king kev is looking at the current points total...adding ten and rightfully being absolutely fuming with the Rat point deduction. Then hears what he perceives as unfair heckling/ criticism of this iconic team and feels the need to defend em.
Get into em kev.
However as things change and we get to focus on things like football rather than drama after drama then some in the crowd will vent feelings they maybe didn't have the luxury of before. And this also is par for the course, we do after all have subs now 😉.
Hopefully the positive support far outweighs the negative and this is the overriding feeling.

I remember back to the early 70's as a youngster standing in the West and groups of what to me at the time were Grumpy Old bloke's bursting their spleens with moaning or dog 💩 abuse at individual home players or collective apoplexy at the teams general play. I had this mental image of them being hen pecked husbands who struggled to get a word in edgeways at home, or spent all week doing a 💩 job and just took out their frustrations of the week at the Hall on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon. They all seemed to suffer from the same underactive enjoyment gland when we played well or scored. I suppose for some they had an idea of how the beautiful game should be played no doubt influenced by the likes of the Spurs and West Ham style played back in the day but devoid of the realism of 3rd and 4th division football. In 50 odd years this mentality still lives on, it may well find it's sources these days by the belief modern football is boring, to slow in the build up or an inflated opinion of ones own ability in tactics based on an impressive career record on Football Manager, but it's still there and for some they love it that way! For the rest of us their negativity is a pain in the backside and you just wish they would take their money and their opinions elsewhere but it will never happen. Let's be honest here Kev flagging up the 'Shoot' comments is the culmination of recent over the top negativity by a noisy minority. Kev's anger and disappointment is a response to a lack of reality and respect in what has been achieved from within by this group but given the mentality of some of these individuals they would not comprehend or be totally dismissive of their own destructive actions, deeming it justified as they have paid their money and made their choice.

Kevin needs to shut up and just get on with his job, moaning about fans who have been so supportive, also moaning about that 10 points deduction again,just get on with it.
Losing respect for this guy.

Are you saying he isn’t doing his job? 60 points, same amount of wins as Gateshead and only 5 teams have won more matches than us, and only three teams have a better goal difference than us.

Without those 10 points, which is absolutely nothing to do with Kev, we’d be 7th and in the play offs, level on points with Gateshead in 6th.

Considering we’ve had no pre-season, an embargo that went on for most of this season (and a long time before that), a 10 point deduction, matches where we have only been able to name 1 and 2 subs, we’ve had a right back in goal, centre halves playing up front, players playing through injuries, players and staff not being paid, no place to train, water and electric turned off, having to have fans turn up to help get our safety certificate, having to put his hands in his own pocket to help players and staff out, a 16 year old play who is knowhere near the level required at the moment, not being able to extend contracts of those out of contract over the summer, losing out on transfer targets who wanted to join us, having players play on non-contract terms, and everything else, I’d say Kev has done a fantastic job at “shutting up and getting on with his job”.

But hey, what do I know.

Are you saying he isn’t doing his job? 60 points, same amount of wins as Gateshead and only 5 teams have won more matches than us, and only three teams have a better goal difference than us.

Without those 10 points, which is absolutely nothing to do with Kev, we’d be 7th and in the play offs, level on points with Gateshead in 6th.

Considering we’ve had no pre-season, an embargo that went on for most of this season (and a long time before that), a 10 point deduction, matches where we have only been able to name 1 and 2 subs, we’ve had a right back in goal, centre halves playing up front, players playing through injuries, players and staff not being paid, no place to train, water and electric turned off, having to have fans turn up to help get our safety certificate, having to put his hands in his own pocket to help players and staff out, a 16 year old play who is knowhere near the level required at the moment, not being able to extend contracts of those out of contract over the summer, losing out on transfer targets who wanted to join us, having players play on non-contract terms, and everything else, I’d say Kev has done a fantastic job at “shutting up and getting on with his job”.

But hey, what do I know.
So bloody well said 👏

Whilst he references that particular moment, I don’t think that’s his main annoyance. It’s the general moan and groans whenever a pass is made that isn’t forward, when someone takes an extra touch, when someone might take a bit longer on the ball than anticipated and potentially kills a breakaway. All you have to do is read the criticism of Bridge to find a prime example of some of the ludicrous stuff we come out with as a fan base. Some of the shouts I hear in the ground are quite frankly pathetic at times. Forget “SHOOT” or “FORWARDS”, I’m hearing people shout “PASS” and “TACKLE” now. It’s just ignorance to be honest.

He’s also protecting his players. I absolutely loved that interview. If I’m playing for him next week I’m running through a brick wall for him. No one’s talking about the players now, attention has turned to Kev because he had a little go back. So what. If anyone is genuinely offended by that then maybe they should take a look in the mirror. Rant over
Why is it ignorance to shout pass, tackle, or forwards? Should we all sit in silent reverie to whoever the manager is?

I’ll start shouting over your shoulder at work if you want. Let me know how long it takes before you wanna smack me in the face
Lol, would liven up my day job tbh.

Football for better or worse is one of the last few places you can get that passionate and vocal, i personally hope it stays that way.

Its bloody hard to watch bridge try to beat the man 6 times and fail to get a cross in 6 times in a row and not shout "cross it"!!

Doesnt mean i dont like bridge. Hes excellent for us.

How many times do you think that a player hearing “pass” , “shoot, “tackle” or “Forwards” actually thought “**** I wish I had thought of that “
none im sure, doesnt stop the frustration tho.

Surely its just part of football, if u lap up the praise u should be able to take criticism

Why is it ignorance to shout pass, tackle, or forwards? Should we all sit in silent reverie to whoever the manager is?
It’s the ones who constantly shout stuff all game long who irritate me. We heard you the first time. The odd shout of “cross it” or “shoot” fine .. but a lot of it goes beyond that.

I don’t blame Kev one bit to be fair. I’ve felt like doing similar to a couple of people who sit near me.

But hey, what do I know.
Briĺliant response

Fans shout pass, shoot, tackle, offside, get up u ...., Get in. ooohhh , bollox. etc all game every game. its generally most of the noise in the ground .

It’s the ones who constantly shout stuff all game long who irritate me. We heard you the first time. The odd shout of “cross it” or “shoot” fine .. but a lot of it goes beyond that.

I don’t blame Kev one bit to be fair. I’ve felt like doing similar to a couple of people who sit near me.
Fair, but there are pillocks everywhere in life not just football 😙

For what it's worth here is my angle on the situation.

When we were under the embargo playing week in week out with the same players our frustrations as fans were elsewhere and certainly not at the players who were performing miracles week in week out or with KM who was doing the same.

Now that the embargo has lifted there are now players who were not even part of the miracle workers and can't be included in KM statements about what the squad has done so far this season. I would expect the like of Waldron, Moreton, Crowther etc to be replicating the effort that our miracle workers were demonstrating week in week out.

Our performances should be now above the levels that were being shown during that time of despair. However, they are not and we have every right to express our disappointment in the correct manner to the correct forum.

Or are my expectations stepping over the mark that KM doesn't appreciate?

Fans shout pass, shoot, tackle, offside, get up u ...., Get in. ooohhh , bollox. etc all game every game. its generally most of the noise in the ground .
Last one for me cause I feel like I’ve not explained it properly. I’m not saying these can’t happen. I’m not gonna sit here and say I don’t do similar to this, of course I do. I get right into sometimes. Probably more than I should but it happens. Shouts of “shoot”, “someone put a foot in”, “play it”, all that **** I’ve given it plenty of. We just seem to have a select few who at the moment feel like we should be steamrolling every team we face and when we don’t the shouts become more and more negative and aggressive.

When it was us against Ron the togetherness was unbelievable at this club. The Atmosphere at home games was brilliant I thought. Since the takeover (which hasn’t actually gone through yet) it’s as if we’ve lost that and we think we should be top 7 already. Anything other than a win it’s the same over the top reaction all the time. It’s tiring and the players can’t stand it. Ask them if you don’t believe me.

We’re already overachieving when you consider what we’ve gone through this season. I just really don’t want us to lose that. Maybe it’s just some perspective that’s needed I don’t know

Our performances should be now above the levels that were being shown during that time of despair. However, they are not and we have every right to express our disappointment in the correct manner to the correct forum.

Or are my expectations stepping over the mark that KM doesn't appreciate?
We're currently undefeated in 8, our best run of the season

Last one for me cause I feel like I’ve not explained it properly. I’m not saying these can’t happen. I’m not gonna sit here and say I don’t do similar to this, of course I do. I get right into sometimes. Probably more than I should but it happens. Shouts of “shoot”, “someone put a foot in”, “play it”, all that **** I’ve given it plenty of. We just seem to have a select few who at the moment feel like we should be steamrolling every team we face and when we don’t the shouts become more and more negative and aggressive.

When it was us against Ron the togetherness was unbelievable at this club. The Atmosphere at home games was brilliant I thought. Since the takeover (which hasn’t actually gone through yet) it’s as if we’ve lost that and we think we should be top 7 already. Anything other than a win it’s the same over the top reaction all the time. It’s tiring and the players can’t stand it. Ask them if you don’t believe me.

We’re already overachieving when you consider what we’ve gone through this season. I just really don’t want us to lose that. Maybe it’s just some perspective that’s needed I don’t know
Spot on, but it's a huge shame that it doesn't mater how often this message is offered, it falls on deaf ears of some.

What I don't understand in all of this is why Kev got so emotional over it. Ir feels like there is something else, either said or done that made him pass comments. During the very dark times he would give after match interviews and be the epitome of a measured professional getting on with his job without sounding off on the situation, so why now?

We're currently undefeated in 8, our best run of the season
Somehow it doesnt feel like it tho does it.

Its just been a bonkers season, so many ups and downs and the reality is we are settling in for another season in non league. When without the villain we would be looking forward to a play off push. I think that realitys just kicking in a bit.

Back