• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 1-1 Southend United

Maybe we should have a 'Guess the number of pages in the Post Match thread'. I doubt it will go above 6 or 7 :Winking:.

Back to the game, I enjoyed the commentary, I enjoyed the fact that we fought back and equalised, I enjoyed the fact that Crowhurst had a great debut, I enjoyed the introduction of Lomas as it freed up Ralph for his best position and I enjoyed the fact that I predicted the result pre match and finally I enjoyed the fact that those with an early axe to grind will have to wait for another game.

All in all that was a lot of enjoyment. Bring on Halifax on Tuesday.

I don't want to sound negative but towards the finish, when the ball was going from end to end, I was praying for the ref to blow the final whistle. I was more concerned about achieving a superb point than losing all three at the death. In the context of all our injuries and failing to bring in a striker, this is an incredibly good result, with so many positives. Players who normally wouldn't be expecting to have so much time on the pitch have come in and really performed well. Those who have made doom laden predictions following one game are quickly having to eat their words. This is far from 'the same' start as last season. Maybe one of the unexpected surprises from today is that we do, in fact, have some depth in the squad. We should really gain a lot of confidence from today and hopefully will be able to get something from Tuesday's long trip up to Halifax, who have made a terrible start to the season.

To take a point from those lot at their place this early in the season is a massive result.

Crowhurst is a very good player
I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of game time this season

With Lomas, Kensdale and Hobson in a back 3, I hope we can have Crowhurst and Ralph as wing backs.

Clifford can be back up LWB. I guess we also have Demi to come back as RWB as well but he may not get as many games as last season, tho he is still an important player for us in my opinion

I didn't expect to get anything out of that match but it actually feels like 2 points lost, hopefully when everyone returns from injury the competition for places doesn't cause any problems

I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of game time this season

With Lomas, Kensdale and Hobson in a back 3, I hope we can have Crowhurst and Ralph as wing backs.

Clifford can be back up LWB. I guess we also have Demi to come back as RWB as well but he may not get as many games as last season, tho he is still an important player for us in my opinion
You're forgetting Gus.

It will be interesting to see whether young master Crowhurst gets another bite of the cherry at Halifax on Tuesday. He appears to have the shirt for the moment.

Funny how quick the usual suspects were to post the negativity when the match thread opened and embarrassingly missing from the post match thread, 🤔 Oh well it's about opinions I suppose. Great result considering how some of the more enlightened know that Weah isn't upto this level and the we're no better off with these players than last years rabble and what with us being such a joke of a club ! Up the Blues 🤪

Funny how quick the usual suspects were to post the negativity when the match thread opened and embarrassingly missing from the post match thread, 🤔 Oh well it's about opinions I suppose. Great result considering how some of the more enlightened know that Weah isn't upto this level and the we're no better off with these players than last years rabble and what with us being such a joke of a club ! Up the Blues 🤪
Well, they have a point. He's 55 and president of Liberia.

Back