• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend 0 Scunthorpe 0

Javea Shrimper

Damn ...

WS

wink.gif

Totally outclassed in the first half. Should have won it in the second.

Ho hum......

Totally outclassed for the first 70 minutes really. Twice I thought they had scored in the early part of the second half. I'm still not sure how one of them wasn't a goal. Apparently Flavs saved it, if so thats got to be one of the saves of the season as he was nowhere near it when the Scunny players got his head on it.

Last 20 minutes was all us. Shoul;d have had a penalty, no doubt. The ref was terrible all game but that was the linesmans bad call. He got eh hard part right in waving for the handball but how he didn't see it was in the box, I'll never know.

Bentley's miss was a sitter too. He almost had too long to pick his spot and the result was a tame effort. Still a good save though.

Gower has to start the next game. We were a different team once he was on the pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Feb. 11 2005,22:43)]Bentley's miss was a sitter too. He almost had too long to pick his spot and the result was a tame effort. Still a good save though.

Gower has to start the next game. We were a different team once he was on the pitch.
Agree and agree. Bit harsh on Nicolau that he was subbed - but the eleventh commandment is:

Thou shalt not substitute Bentley, Pettefer or Maher.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 11 2005,22:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Feb. 11 2005,22:43)]Bentley's miss was a sitter too. He almost had too long to pick his spot and the result was a tame effort. Still a good save though.

Agree and agree.  Bit harsh on Nicolau that he was subbed - but the eleventh commandment is:

Thou shalt not substitute Bentley, Pettefer or Maher.....
too true.. why oh why cant we have Nicky and Gower on the wings.. Petts works hard but  isnt a right winger and we need to win these games..
Ref: crap
Scunny: average
Daryl: Blinding
Maher: mouthy
Gray: Poor
I dont think we'll go up wiv many more performances like that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prawn_2b_Wild @ Feb. 11 2005,23:00)]Ref: crap
Scunny: average
Daryl: Blinding
Maher: mouthy
Gray: Poor
I
I will agree to the Ref and Gray.

Scunthorpe were not average League Two, they knew how to play against us and did it well, they were the ones who looked like scoring for the 70mins either by themselves or from the Ref.

Daryl played well, first save in the first half was a bit too dramatic for my liking, i am sure another keeper would have held on to the first attempt. However he did miracously pull off the save that defied belief so much so the northern monkey's behind the goal all celebrated and the rest of the ground felt dejected until we saw the ball was still in play, i need to see the replay to believe it.

I actually commented that when that player took Maher out and was called by the Ref it was good to see Maher running off in the opposite direction. Whereas last season and the beginning of this he would have been mouthing off.

The midfield was totally over-run and both Beno and Maher were completely in-effective. The Scunny #19 was class, Baraclough had a very good game and with Taylor on the wing they were always going to be dangerous. Luckily Spinner was absolute immense and Daryll made the save of the season. Saw it again on Soccer AM this morning when interviewing Beagrie and it was class.

I think Scunny were possibly the best footballing team I have seen visit the Hall so far this season, whislt the ref bieng one of the worst!
mad.gif

Benno just had to hit the ball either side of the fat kepper but hit it straight at his ugly face!

Gower is a different class and MUST be played from the start, surely Tilly can see this!  
rock.gif

They showed some high-lights on Soccer am this morning of the game and they even said that if Daryl's save was in a Premier$hite game it would be talked about for months and probably get save of the month!
A great reflex save, so well done Daryl (Did you hear that Wiggy?)
tounge.gif

Gray did not seem to be as strong on the ball as he has done of late.

Food at the fish house was superb as usual and my Mars bar at half time was very satisfying!

Oh, and my friend took young lad to the Hall for a B-day treat, it was his first match and he got his programme signed by MOTM Daryl himself...........only to drop it somewhere in south upper!  
sad.gif

Any finders?  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 12 2005,12:36)]it was his first match and he got his programme signed by MOTM Daryl himself...........only to drop it somewhere in south upper!
Silly Darryl, couldn't even hold on to a programme.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 12 2005,12:36)]They showed some high-lights on Soccer am this morning of the game and they even said that if Daryl's save was in a Premier$hite game it would be talked about for months and probably get save of the month!
Beagrie didn't say "save of the month" he said "save of the century"

Not sure I'd quite go that far. Amazing stop though.

Fredy's spell out of the team seems to have been put to good use in being used to teach him how to pass! Last night's was his best performance in all round build up play and he was unlucky that a couple of intelligent and incisive passes didn't quite come off for him.

Darryl was absolutely superb, one of the best goalkeeping performances at the Hall for some time and there could have been no other choice for MOtM.

As for the ref? I think I said it all last night and don't really want to repeat that sort of language on here. Suffice to say quite possibly the worst I have ever seen at Roots Hall - and that's saying something......
ghostface.gif

I cant believe Nicolau was taken off, he was defending superbly well, and largely making Taylor ineffective. I agree bring Gower on, but Pettefer was having a howler, and that mistake really showed, as after the sub, Carl did not put a foot right!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Feb. 12 2005,20:22)]I cant believe Nicolau was taken off, he was defending superbly well, and largely making Taylor ineffective.  I agree bring Gower on, but Pettefer was having a howler, and that mistake really showed, as after the sub, Carl did not put a foot right!
I'm sorry but Nicky was largely ineffective yet again. His set piece delieverly has been extremely poor of late and he couldn't get any decent service into the box. When Gower came on, I can remember at least 2 decent cross, not counting the one the goalkeeper claimed at his near post.

Let's not get too downhearted. After a quick check of their message board, they're rating it as their best performance in some while. A couple of our players had an off day, but it would be foolish to forget that the three performances prior to last night were I suspect as good as any team in this division has produced.

We're good enough, and there is plenty of time to prove it.

Back