• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Paul Marshal aka Wino! Congratulations Paul mate should have been me but I will always be a legend! :clap:

Thank you for all of the nominations. We had some brilliant messages sent to us about lots of very dedicated fans! The winner, as revealed on the Mikey Porter Breakfast Show is Paul Marshall.

Paul will join Southend Radio on our VIP table at the black tie ceremony, featuring a champagne VIP reception, a four course dinner with silver service, music and entertainment, an auction of memoribilia, and a player and his partner joining us on our table! We will present Paul with the award on the night, just one of many awards including the Players' Player and others presented during the evening!

Some of the nominations we had for Paul:

Paul Marshall, alias Watermill Wino. Paul is such a character to have around, but it is his heart of solid gold that makes him stand out from the crowd. His work is tireless and he expects nothing in return. His dedication is measured by the very fact that just over two weeks ago, he had an operation, but still managed to recover sufficiently to be present for our last away game at Tranmere. He would be a terrific nominee for fan of the year.

Paul Marshall (aka the watermill wino) A man who has brought southend fans closer together and galernized the away support by bringing us together as a family. He's only missed one game all season and that was in a hospital bed in Basildon and while still in conciderable pain made the trip to Tranmere to be with his buddies!

Its got to be Paul Marshall - Wino, not just a fan a super fan will do anything for anybody. Fills a coach sometimes 2 fpr away matches, does lots charity work without taking any credit for it and a genuine good sort.

Paul Marshall - aka Watermill WINO. It is absolutely fantastic to follow your team around home and away, but to take up to 50 fans with you is amazing. Paul is the brains behind the Shrimper On Line coach and regularly organises up to 50 Blues fans to the right stops and pick ups. Whilst on the coach you can expect to put your hands in your pockets to raise money for charity through the various on coach activities that are arranged. This kind of organisation and dedication deserves a great night out and would be thoroughly deserved by this legend of a Shrimpers Fan.

Cant say how much I support this.....

Wino is a god amongst men and his SOL coaches are fantastic value and fun.

Well done that man - 100% suppport from me.

Well done Paul, a thoroughly deserved accolade for someone who contributes so much behind the scenes.
Not only with his fabulous SoL coaches but also with all his fundraising work for the local charities.

Wino, we look forward to seeing you on 15th or 16th May wherever we may be heading up north.

Last edited:
Yep, echo these sentiments.

Congrats to Paul on a well deserved accolade.

Keep up the good work mate!

I can't disagree with the above ......Fantastic work Paul and Congratulations.:clap:

Well Done Paul

I Always enjoy our chats about the Shrimpers when when shopping with the better half round Basildon town centre

A true Southend United Legend who gives 110% to the club :-)

First time I've been on the SOL coach's at the weekend, as I usually go with ShrimperTrust.

But it was a great laugh. The free Capri Sun's were a delight!

Everyone seemed really friendly on there as well- I presume not many of you lot use the coach then!

First time I've been on the SOL coach's at the weekend, as I usually go with ShrimperTrust.

But it was a great laugh. The free Capri Sun's were a delight!

Everyone seemed really friendly on there as well- I presume not many of you lot use the coach then!

The SoL coaches are great , i've only been to 3 games with them but they were very enjoyable

Thank You everyone but I still can't believe that Smiffy didn't get it. Thanks for the kind words.
Wino

Haha, I'll be looking to scoop your title next year mate!!..

Seriously though, very well done, well deserved..

Look forward to sampling the SOL Express for the play-offs...

Back