• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Fantasy League

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Mods feel free to move it to whereever it may suit better!

Rules
Teams must be submitted by the day before the game
Each player must start with just Southend players but can sign 3 players every month, they must be realistic signings (Football League or youth or reserve team in the Premiership. CCC players signed should be backup in their squads and no-one worth over £600,000), any unrealistic signing (e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo) will lead to you being asked to remove them
A league table will be posted after every weekend
Each team must have 11 players and 5 subs which score half points
Weekly team changes are unlimited
The scores will be collected from the scores of the playerrs real team(e.g. Southend draw 1-1, a Southend player will get 1 point for a draw, lose 1 for conceding, etc.)
You must post transfers into the latest thread

Substitute appearance: 2
Start: 3
Assist: 5
Goal: 8
Yellow card: -2
Red card: -5
Team goals conceded: -1
Team clean sheet: 3
Team loss: -5
Team draw: 1
Team win: 5

I will get a value system set up soon, I'll do League 1 teams and then if you request a players value I will find out for you. The transfer budget for each month is £350,000 but anything not spent will be added to the next months.
Tell me if I have missed anything.

You can get teams ready for this weekend by posting them on here but if we don't have enough by Saturday morning then it will be delayed to next week

Last edited:
1) Where will you get the scores from?
2) You have to define realistic

If your going to do this you have to give every player a transfer value and all the teams a transfer budget otherwise you willk have people arguing that Kevin Doyle ect is only worth 600k.

If your going to do this you have to give every player a transfer value and all the teams a transfer budget.

Great idea! I will get that done soon, hopefully by next weekend.

I'm sure you could save yourself that hassle and find the values on a fantasy football website or even dare I say Football Manager.

I'm extremely skeptical whether this will work at all, but good luck none the less.
I know what you mean but maybe with a sticky, some hard work and support it might just work. It's worth a go!

might be worth starting this in the new season ??
Yeah, will give us time to get it all set up,

THIS WEEKEND:
Anyone considering entering can post a team on here and use this weekend as a trial and then will start properly at the beginning of 2009/10

So far we have got Dave of the match, steveo, hindle, anyone else? Feel free to just post a team up for this weekend

1) Where will you get the scores from?
2) You have to define realistic

I think you need to work on the format and start it next season. You still need a source for scores. Suppose someone signs a player from Peterboroguh for example. How will you know if he has assisted a goal? Unless you watch every match, which you wont, its very difficult to do.

If you use scores from an established competition like this you will have a http://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/CleverTV/en/telegraph/tff/12/clienthome.dobetter chance:

I think you need to work on the format and start it next season. You still need a source for scores. Suppose someone signs a player from Peterboroguh for example. How will you know if he has assisted a goal? Unless you watch every match, which you wont, its very difficult to do.

If you use scores from an established competition like this you will have a http://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/CleverTV/en/telegraph/tff/12/clienthome.dobetter chance:
Cheers Steveo

Back