• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend to play West Ham - Tuesday August 3rd

I had to fill in a security form for work last week & needed my 80 year old dad’s place of birth. Now I know he was born in the Silvertown/Canning Town area but I though for safety’s sake I’d ask for what’s actually on his passport.

Fecking WEST fecking HAM!! Those actual words! What shame.

Obviously I’ve disowned him & written him out of my will.

Surprised at that.

I'm sure my Dads one said London Borough of Newham :whistling:

Well technically i should support west ham as i was born in rush green(dagenham/romford) which is probably only 5-6 miles from upton park and my mum was born in stratford and my dad was born in manor park. My grandparents also lived in plaistow and stratford for 50 years.

I have family that have followed the hammers as season ticket holders in the past, but the only time i have ever set foot inside upton park is to see southend play them in a league cup defeat.

I was fortunate enough to move down this end to canvey island first before moving to leigh and then later on to westcliff and even more fortunate to see the blues as my first football match way back in 92.

Whilst i dont have any hostilities towards the hammers or any of there fans i do feel the following.

A) You chant " east east east london" But you all live in essex

B) You claim to be a family club , but have priced all the families out of the club.

C) You seem to live on the fact that you had a couple of players in the world cup win in 1966. Thats a bit sad.

D) It must be quite dull to just make up the numbers year after year after year. I mean lets face it apart from a cup win in every 20 odd years the best you can hope for is to finish top 10 which aint gonna happen.

E) You have been taken over by two blokes who look like they take fashion tips from stevie wonder

F) You have so many fans who buy the shirt and NEVER go to upton park.

So you and your 1 game a season southend living hammers have a jolly up tonight and sit were you like and then you can get back to being giants in erm england no erm london no thats not right either, erm east london.

Well done for helping little old southend out you really are the best club in the world with the best support and im sure you will rip up the league.

(ps) Dagenhem IS in essex and West Ham has always been in London

To be fair on point f, since moving away from Essex I've only come across a single WHU fan. Surprised me, as obviously when growing up in essex they were as common as man u, arsenal and Liverpool

I share your pain brother.

I had a Hamster named Hammy as well. My mum released it in the garden as I was neglecting it. A fox came. It died.

I had a dog named Hammy,it died. What is it with this unlucky name.

I had a dog named Hammy,it died. What is it with this unlucky name.
Anyone here good at forging documents? I'm going to try changing Nicky Bailey's to Hammy by deed poll without him realising.

Back