• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All we are saying is give us a goal
Not good but 5th going into Christmas is good.
Imagine where we could be if we could shoot at the goal.

Same old, same old, same old.......... Interesting comments on BP at the end. Something along the lines of, we have got a squad that can tear teams of this division apart but it doesn't seem a though they're expressing themselves as much as they are capable of.

Same old, same old, same old.......... Interesting comments on BP at the end. Something along the lines of, we have got a squad that can tear teams of this division apart but it doesn't seem a though they're expressing themselves as much as they are capable of.

Haha they are jokers,Phil ain't got a clue.

Week in week out, it's 'groundhog' day time after time. Unless we unearth a goal poacher, irrelevant of other players capabilities, we wont even finish in the play-offs.

Cambridge drew at Tranmere tonight and lost Robbie Simpson to a red card so bit of good news for us as we approach the halfway mark this season.

Cambridge drew at Tranmere tonight and lost Robbie Simpson to a red card so bit of good news for us as we approach the halfway mark this season.

R u off your tree,why worry about half hearted scores?

That's exactly my thought. PB seems obsessed with this rigid system and there's no flexibility within his thinking. It's too restrictive. .....teams can set up quite easily to frustrate us as quite simply they know what's coming. Just give me 442 for a few games please Phil. ...I just want to watch us play a different way.....With a bit of swagger and with that degree of unpredictability. You go to home games now and just know what's coming. If we know, then opposition managers are going to know too.

Don't know how much longer I can endure Barry Corr's woeful performances. Also, why put Weston on instead of Shaq? Strange decision.

Week in week out, it's 'groundhog' day time after time. Unless we unearth a goal poacher, irrelevant of other players capabilities, we wont even finish in the play-offs.

What exactly is this poacher going to poach ?

We arent creating the chances for a poacher to convert.

Commentary throughout said we played well but there wasnt any quality in the final third, no final ball, no decent cross. I was hoping Payne was going to provide the key but sadly not. With him Hurst and Worrall Id hope for more.

Sounded like we played well over all but just didnt have the ability to unlock the defence when we get there.

That's exactly my thought. PB seems obsessed with this rigid system and there's no flexibility within his thinking. It's too restrictive. .....teams can set up quite easily to frustrate us as quite simply they know what's coming. Just give me 442 for a few games please Phil. ...I just want to watch us play a different way.....With a bit of swagger and with that degree of unpredictability. You go to home games now and just know what's coming. If we know, then opposition managers are going to know too.

We are playing with 442 arent we with Payne just deeper ?

The point about predictability is one the commentators made though, when you have Corr and Payne up front then you can only aim for Corr. Payne can give you that bit of unpredictability if you play it to him, but that doesnt help for crosses which can easily be dealt with when its obviously going to aim for Corr.

Post match interview

Phil Brown - "I thought that was a good advert for second division football"

Back