• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having calmed down a bit since yesterday, yes you're right it was a good pass, Thompson still should have got a challenge in though. I probably didn't give Doncaster enough credit, I still think Millwall were better but they were quick and incisive in attack and fully exploited our defensive deficiencies.

The one positive I'm clinging on to is that at least we looked like we might score yesterday, against Millwall I think we failed to test the keeper at all.

I see that Brown's made no comment as yet, I'm interested to see whether he holds his hands up to getting the team and formation wrong or if he solely blames the players. I'll have much more respect for him if he does take his share of the responsibility as he did against Walsall early this season.

I felt it was the persistence of the striker, Thompson taking his foot of the gas too early and a good technique which made the first goal. Possibly even a touch of a mixup between Bentley and Thompson which lead Thompson slowing and Bentley leaving the front post vunerable.
9 times out of 10 that strike would have gone behind or side netting.

Phils post match interview now on blues player.

The jist of it is:

1. Only 6th defeat in 24 games at roots hall

2. People would look at the last 2 results differently if it happened at the start of the season, with us just coming up to league 1 (I must admit, I tend to agree with his comment there)

3. He thought Thompson was about the only player that can hold his head up high in the changing room

4. Disapointed with the group mentality

5. After the 2 last performances, the team has made it easy for Phil to pick his team for next week.

He did ask himself the question about tactics / formation etc... but didnt answer his own question.

Phils post match interview now on blues player.

The jist of it is:

1. Only 6th defeat in 24 games at roots hall

2. People would look at the last 2 results differently if it happened at the start of the season, with us just coming up to league 1 (I must admit, I tend to agree with his comment there)

3. He thought Thompson was about the only player that can hold his head up high in the changing room

4. Disapointed with the group mentality

5. After the 2 last performances, the team has made it easy for Phil to pick his team for next week.

He did ask himself the question about tactics / formation etc... but didnt answer his own question.

So same team next week then

I repeat:-
POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR TACTICS, POOR COACHING and POOR CAPTAINCY. Seems to me our biggest problems are located at the top end of the crumbling structure.

POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR TACTICS, POOR COACHING and POOR CAPTAINCY. Seems to me our biggest problems are located at the top end of the crumbling structure.

And yes your STILL A TROLL

Thats a bit extreme in my view.

I wouldnt say John White is a "Poor" captain, I cant really comment on the coaching as such, as ive never been to watch them at B&L, and as for poor management and tactics... 7th in the league, and 37 points from 24 games is hardly sub-standard. Remember of the other 23 teams in the division 17 of them are below us.

Repeating it doesn't make your opinion any less ridiculous. You can't blame the management for losses and then pretend the management had nothing to do with it when we win, that's not how football works.

Bentley had a shocker and I'd be delighted to see Ted Smith in goal in our next game. Get Bolger back in the side and Timlin can't get fit soon enough.

And for pity's sake stop shoe-horsing a luxury player into the side. Payne is not good enough to justify it.

I know what a horseshoe is, but what is shoe-horsing ?

Good job we found space for him in the Bury match otherwise it might have been three home defeats on the trot.

I don't know how anyone can watch Mooney do absolutely nothing for the best part of three hours and then criticise Payne.

Mooney has scored 3 goals from open play in his last 41 appearances which is 1 in 14 ratio,simply not enough goals in him.

Mooney has scored 3 goals from open play in his last 41 appearances which is 1 in 14 ratio,simply not enough goals in him.

Indeed.

And even more worrying than that accurate statement above, is the fact is he is currently our clubs leading top scorer !!

still beat Colchester ......makes them alright in my opinion"......

Bentley had a shocker and I'd be delighted to see Ted Smith in goal in our next game. Get Bolger back in the side and Timlin can't get fit soon enough.

And for pity's sake stop shoe-horsing a luxury player into the side. Payne is not good enough to justify it.

You should watch more matches.

Back