• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0, Coventry City 2

Emergency loan then?

Although we would be eligible, will we be allowed to though if we are under an embargo - would that apply to an emergency keeper loan or is it just longer term contracts we can't enter into ?

Although we would be eligible, will we be allowed to though if we are under an embargo - would that apply to an emergency keeper loan or is it just longer term contracts we can't enter into ?
Yeah i thought the rules were more flexible regarding goalkeepers? Not sure though.

Neville southall still about?

The boys did well IMO. They're getting massively exposed and it's not really fair on them but it's also equally a great opportunity. Clifford and Nelson look like absolute gems and Egbri is a real nuisance. Looks like someone who would just do your head in if you was up against him. He'll hopefully develop more physically in the summer and come back stronger (and maybe taller!)

I was proper gutted for them when that first went in. It was a poor goal to concede to be honest but they proper grafted to keep it 0-0 until that point. I still can't quite work out where the balme lies but it will be a learning curve either way.

We might still be losing, but this is much more watchable. The senior "pros" we had a few months back would have lost that 4-0. Let's get behind these boys for the rest of the season and see where it takes them

On the other Echo thread Sol has said:

"The trouble is if we get someone in will obviously have to be a free wage wise but we are trying"

Apparently Harry Seaden is also an option too, as well as Callum.

The trouble is if we get someone in will obviously have to be a free wage wise but we are trying.

Is this because of the embargo or is Sol saying we cannot afford to pay an emergency keeper's wages for 6 weeks?

What about that young lad Man U have just signed ?......Nathan someone

Is this because of the embargo or is Sol saying we cannot afford to pay an emergency keeper's wages for 6 weeks?

I read it as the EFL have said go on get a loan in, but you're not allowed to spend another penny on wages.

Looks increasingly like they are coming down hard on us. Probably the reason the Macc lads haven't signed yet either.

But we do have Pride!

I don't care about the results any more, it's about backing the youngsters and following the team to the hilt. Proud to be a Shrimper.

I do not feel the same about Ron Martin, especially his pathetic last paragraph of a pathetic last statement.

But we do have Pride!

I don't care about the results any more, it's about backing the youngsters and following the team to the hilt. Proud to be a Shrimper.

I do not feel the same about Ron Martin, especially his pathetic last paragraph of a pathetic last statement.
Come on mate give him a break!:Winking:

Fossetts Farm is RM's golden nest-egg, which is why all of us presume hes held the reigns for the last 20 years & not sold up?.
When he stood on the rostrum after we'd won League 1 in 2006, he announced we'd be in our new ground in 2 years!. He was 53 then, & for many reasons since then we are still at Roots Hall.
Hes 67 now, no spring chicken, no idea what his health is like, although i'd probably put him in a heart attack high risk sooner rather than later.
So IF next months Council meeting gives him the green light ( personally i doubt it ), then he will be nigh on 70 before he reaps the rewards his personal focus has achieved. 14 years after his planned dream was anticipated. If that happens then no doubt his future plans will be hampered somewhat by his current age, which is no concern to us?.
And IF next month our fantastic Council defer the plans again for 6 months, or throw them out altogether ( if you were a Councillor & voting on a club in freefall, League 2 coming soon & no guarantee of a quick fix, would you vote in favour of a 22,000 new ground? ), then what would old RM do then?.
I've no idea, but really think the sands of time are flowing through the sieve at a worrying pace.

Back