• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only remotely possible criticism of \Worrall was that he doesn't have the powerful left-foot shot needed to take a couple of half-chances first half.It was quite brainless by Brown to put him out there in the first place-if Hurst,who had a decent second half, is not doing it,Timlin,my choice as man-of-match,would be just as effective on the left with Clifford in the middle .

Hurst can play left or right and I think in the past has said he prefers left. I think Worrall is a right winger. So it worked better in the second half.

Certainly this season Worrall is more of a threat down the right than Hurst. I don't think it was any coincidence that Thompson wasn't so exposed at right back as he was for most of the first half once Worrall switched to the right. I also thought Hurst had a better second half on the left ... so keep them that way round at Tranmere please Mr Brown.

Dire first half, the highlight of which was the half time whistle.

Improved second half when we finally showed some attacking endeavour, although once more Bentley was the busier of the keepers as other than Worral making him pick the ball out of the back of the net we did't work the opposition keeper. Worrall took the goal well, after being nicely played in for another Corr assist.

Great effort from the Hartlepool travelling support to come all that way to watch a team that bad.

Dire first half, the highlight of which was the half time whistle.

Improved second half when we finally showed some attacking endeavour, although once more Bentley was the busier of the keepers as other than Worral making him pick the ball out of the back of the net we did't work the opposition keeper. Worrall took the goal well, after being nicely played in for another Corr assist.

Great effort from the Hartlepool travelling support to come all that way to watch a team that bad.

I heard they weren't impressed with Southend at all, and they wished they had stayed up North instead of travelling to see us

We're actually s***.

We caused problems when the midfield run forwards with the ball rather than ****ing around with it passing it sideways. Leonard caused problems when he ran forward with it and the goal came from someone running with the ball. That game could of gone either but take the three points

Fair play to there fans. Decent turn out to watch one of the poorest sides I can remember. 160 odd is good going.

Did see a good number of them coming out the away end and they were the trampiest fans seen at the hall this season with the possible exception of Bury.

25j9zye.png

We're 1 point behind where we were at this stage last season. We are currently on track to replicate last seasons level of performance, based on the simple forecasts I've made.

Fair play to there fans. Decent turn out to watch one of the poorest sides I can remember. 160 odd is good going.

Did see a good number of them coming out the away end and they were the trampiest fans seen at the hall this season with the possible exception of Bury.

Blimey! I'd better carry my copy of GQ to half hide unacceptable threads.
On the other point, it goes with the territory of supporting your team. I can lay claim to being the only Blues fan at one or two games over the last five decades - never mind 167 others. If there were more, they were silent and inconspicuous in crowds no bigger than 7,000.
Anyone else at Yeovil 1-0 Southend, Nov 16, 1963 or Rochdale 3-2 Southend, April 28, 1973?

Back