• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2eamfds.png

Tough game, Exeter have been in good form and we were shocking last week so a draw isn't an awful result. Disappointing that Brown's reaction to the goal was to turn round and whistle at Bentley to tell him to slow it down but understandable considering how hard we've found it to score. Defensively we were all over the place, no organisation and a complete mess, whether that is down to White's absence at the last minute is a potential explanation. Timlin did well on his return as well.

Bentley 7 Some good saves but didn't have too much to do
Leonard 6 Looked out of position, didn't mark his man, continues to pointlessly shoot high and wide from 30 yards when there's better options
Thompson 5.5 Worst I've seen him this season, hit and hope too many times and all over the place positionally
Prosser 6 Not his usual steady self, looked shaky and unsure
Williams 6.5 Not as strong defensively as he has been and didn't have the same attacking threat
Worrall 8 MOTM Best player on the pitch, worked hard, won headers, closed the opposition down, did well for the goal
Deegan 7.5 Fought and battled hard as always, some good distribution too
Timlin 7 Wouldn't have thought he's been out since pre-season, took some time to settle but did well
Atkinson 7 Got down the wing well and helped in the middle when needed, if only he had a bit more pace
Payne 7 Tired towards the end but creative and something different
Barnard 7 Deserved his chance and did well, looks shot of confidence but played well, yes he didn't score and possibly could have done better with his chance in the first half, I didn't have the best view, impressed on the whole though

Weston 6 No impact, looked lazy and added nothing
Corr 6.5 No time to really make a difference

I wish Brown had made changes earlier, Timlin and Payne were tiring and could have done with replacing earlier, even if just to add some fresh legs to chase balls down and Clifford for Timlin to solidify things in the middle but Brown left it too late. Worrall took his chance and deserves to stay in the team and Barnard didn't do himself any harm. I'd rather see Leonard dropped than Deegan or Timlin if White returns, if anything he would be fourth choice in the middle on current form. A disappointing result but probably would have taken it before the game.

Bloody useless. I'm usually not one to jump to conclusions, but Brown needs to sort this out fast or go. Exeter were one of the worst teams we've seen here all season and we should've had the game out of sight after half an hour. Barnard never once looked like he was going to score and the only chance he had he should have buried.

No penetration and no cutting edge. If we had a decent forward that could run with the ball and finish, things could be so different. If the last 3 games are anything to go by then we can quite honestly forget about promotion this season.

13 games in and our leading goal scorer is on two goals. Our two main strikers Barnard and Core have one goal each, and only five teams in our league have scored less goals than us. It needs a major shake up and a couple of decent signings/ loans or it will be a relegation battle we are looking at rather than a promotion push. It needed sorting out in the summer, not the end of October!

That's very unfair. U though he and Worrall were our best players today

Agree like many other's Barnard has disappointed me since his return but even though he missed a couple of decent changes I thought he showed signs of being his old self. He won as many ariel duels as Corr normally doe's and worked very hard and quite effectively which resulted in two decent chances for Payne. Even though it is very dissapointing not to hold on to our lead having played quite well some credit must go to Exeter who played some decent stuff in the second half to earn a deserved point. Also good to see Timlin last so long in his comeback match. Have been a few games this season when we have played well in one half only to disappoint in the other so hopefully we can put that right soon.

Good first half played some very good stuff and were miles the better team, completely mediocre 2nd half.

I thought Barnard did well today, despite missing as big a sitter you can get. I actually didnt see him miss, I thought it was so certain to go in I looked for the linesman to check it wasnt offside, and was befuddled when I looked back and the ball wasnt in the net. His overall play in the first half especially was good though, linked up play well.

Does this game go some way to dispelling the age old myth that the players out of the team are always better than the ones in the team if the team aren't steamrolling everyone in their path?

Good first half played some very good stuff and were miles the better team, completely mediocre 2nd half.

I thought Barnard did well today, despite missing as big a sitter you can get. I actually didnt see him miss, I thought it was so certain to go in I looked for the linesman to check it wasnt offside, and was befuddled when I looked back and the ball wasnt in the net. His overall play in the first half especially was good though, linked up play well.

Had his best game for us since his return, but still isn't going to lead us to promotion and for £2k a week or whatever ridiculous amount we're parting with for his services, he's not delivered an ounce of what we needed from him.

We drew 1-1 at home to a side that will most likely be battling relegation this season. It's **** poor. Worrall was great and Deegan was fantastic. If only we could have 11 Gary Deegan's with the same commitment, drive and fight then we'd be alright.

Given him the benefit of the doubt for so long but becoming incredibly disillusioned with Brown now.

Lee barnard missed an open goal from six yards......that is all

No that is not all. Just focusing on his miss ignores the rest of his game which he did well IMO.

No comment on Payne's 2 good chances which both came from Barnard's hard work?

IMO subs came too late. This was a team that most had played in midweek and half are coming back from injury or barely played this season.

No that is not all. Just focusing on his miss ignores the rest of his game which he did well IMO.

No comment on Payne's 2 good chances which both came from Barnard's hard work?

IMO subs came too late. This was a team that most had played in midweek and half are coming back from injury or barely played this season.

And no one will mention Paynes miss in the second half Im sure.

Dont get me wrong, Barnards miss was terrible, but he did play well otherwise.

Set up today was better than recent weeks. Barney looked ok actually but missed a sitter. Worrall put in a shift. Loads of effort and a goal. Deegan strong again. First half we were good, second half we came out a different team and were lucky with a draw.

Brown needs to get a striker in quick or we will sink without trace.

A significant improvement from the Morecambe match I thought. A bright first half though I could not believe Barnard missed that. :stunned: - Time seemed to stand still and from the South Lower I had expected the lino's flag to go up or something.
Other than that I have to say I was impressed with him today. Someone who actually lead the line well, holding it up, getting in there where it hurts and winning headers. Miles better than Weston (sorry) was against Morecambe.
I cringe when Prosser is on the ball - twice in the first half, at 26 minutes and not long before half time he just fell asleep and Bents bailed him out.
That really is some keeper you got there, it's a little comical how the lad seems to copy Joe Hart but he is so commanding and reassuring. Whenever he had to be there (can't blame him for the goal - came out of nowhere and was a smart finish), he was there and interesting comments in the programme from him and where he sees himself in the future.
That is to be England's no.1. - of which I wouldn't bet against. Speaking of bets, yet again the lack of goals has cost me some what of a small fortune yet still enjoyed the game. It's good to see two teams try to play at least.
It was a nice atmosphere there today where I was - plenty of families there with their kids and I like how the Exeter fans quite rightly got applauded for their attendance.

Southend must learn how to kill teams off - it seems PB sets his teams up much in the way BFS had done prior to this season. Until that happens it's play offs at best... but it's early days still and 8th in the table, no need to panic yet, I saw some positive signs out there today. Midfield looked strong today.

Onwards and upwards, but start with two strikers PB. It's clear as day for me.

Back