• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The performance was pretty bad, but what concerns me more is we only got 4,900 through the gate...

Considering it was a Bank Holiday, the first home game in 7 weeks and Vs a team 8th in the league, that is shocking.

If things do not improve then the Tues night games Vs Macclesfield/Oxford in a few weeks, will rival the F.A. Cup record low crowd of 2,194. And no doubt most if not all of our Lg2 crowds will be sub 5,000 until the end of the season.

I do hope the club have budgeted for such a massive drop in average attendances. Which by my calculations, are down around 30% on last season. Or as a rough estimate means the club stands to lose around £600,000+ in ticket sales over the course of this season, compared to last. Ouch.

Last edited:
Evans 4) Could have done a bit better with both of the goals
Clohessy 5) Not one of his best performances but put a few desent crosses in
Coughlan 6) Pretty solid
Barker 6) Pretty Solid
Herd 6) Got up a lot more
Soares 4) I can only remember 1 good run. Needs to go
Ferdinand 4) Didn't really do much for the 15 mins he was on for
Easton (c) 5) Again not one of his best performances. Played better in the second half
Hall 6) Put a few good crosses in there
Corr MOTM 7) Was unlucky not to getat least 2 goals
B. Sturrock 5) Held the ball up OK. Not his best performance though

Grant 6) Played alright for the amount of time that he played
Patterson 6.5) Was a bit unlucky not to get a few penalties. Almostscored
Comminges 6.5) Good for a debut considering the amount of time he played. Unlucky not to have scored himself.

When the voice over man at the end says how much attendance there was, he also includes all of the season card sales even though not all of them may be at the match.

The performance was pretty bad, but what concerns me more is we only got 4,900 through the gate...

Considering it was a Bank Holiday, the first home game in 7 weeks and Vs a team 8th in the league, that is shocking.

If things do not improve then the Tues night games Vs Macclesfield/Oxford in a few weeks, will rival the F.A. Cup record low crowd of 2,194. And no doubt most if not all of our Lg2 crowds will be sub 5,000 until the end of the season.

I do hope the club have budgeted for such a massive drop in average attendances. Which by my calculations, are down around 30% on last season. Or as a rough estimate means the club stands to lose around £600,000+ in ticket sales over the course of this season, compared to last. Ouch.
Seemed to be massive queues for tickets around the ground, wonder if that put people off?

Considering it was a Bank Holiday, the first home game in 7 weeks and Vs a team 8th in the league, that is shocking..

Trouble is, regardless of their position its still Cheltenham. They are never going to be a masive draw, their away support must have been under 100.

Evans 5 But for the first 10 mins would have been a 7 (but clangers like that as a goal keeper you can't afford- the second got a horrible bounce right in front of him to be fair)
Clohessy 6 Didn't get forward at all well and the second was from hime getting out of position
Coughlan 6 He can still do a job- played a good level before and seems to be getting fitter/a bit quicker. Was getting exposed for pace earlier in season- is it me are are a few games getting his legs back?
Barker 6 Does very little wrong- for an ex left back wins a lot in the air
Herd 7.5 MOM Glad Gilbert didn't go straight back in- defended well, has pace a got forward- lively thoughout. Well done. Might keep his place Sat and if he does he is in PS good books for the first time! Normally no chance of MOM but for me no one else did as much right! There you are- eyes of the beholder
Soares 5.5 He worked back well enough but as a winger you have to create and try and get bto the bye line- didn't
Ferdinand 6 One thing right a great through ball where Sturrock? was just off side. 0-2 meant getting Garnt on the right thing (Kane a defensive minded midfielder)- no reflection on him
Easton 6 Much better once Granty was on sharing the responsibility
Hall 7 Though he did ok. Needs a run in the side- give it to him. Shows enough that if a regular will come good. Can cross, can get to the bye-line and has some skill. Persevere.
Corr 7 A good target man and clearly knows where the goal is
Sturrock 6 Not a lot went his way- as always plenty of effort
Grant 7 Was on for 72 mins. Apart from one misdirected pass showed all the quality in midfield- will be missed and we have to hope PS has a quality replacement lined up somewhere
Patterson 7 He's a clever player- as a result gets himself into scoring position more than any other player. At home I would play Corr and Patterson up front- away I would always like Sturrock because of his hold up play
Comminges 6 As people have said- has played so little football. But he is quality- perhaps he will get a run in front of Soares and become an inspired signing.

When the voice over man at the end says how much attendance there was, he also includes all of the season card sales even though not all of them may be at the match.

I think our official attendance does not include Season Card holders if they do not attend. Also it does not include comp/staff or some directors tickets.

Seemed to be massive queues for tickets around the ground, wonder if that put people off?

The queues at the West Stand ticket office were due to only 2 windows being open instead of the usual 6 (staff cutbacks?). Also when they ran out of paper tickets I guess that caused further chaos.

I don't think so. I certainly didn't see anyone walking away in disgust from the West Stand Ticket Office. I half considered leaving and going into town as my own personal two fingers to Ron Martin but thought better of it. I thought, I enjoy watching the Blues too much to just walk away.

At least I thought I did until I made it into the ground, just as the groans went up after we conceded the second and nearly fell asleep until our feathered friend turned up :zzzzz:

one of the biggest clubs in this league - all that wasted potential blah blah ..... is RM toast yet ?

Seeing all the anti-Louis Soares comments, I thought we could steal a Barmy Army song for him that they aim at Mitchell Johnson,

He passes to the left
He passes to the right,
That Louis Soares,
His passing is Sh*te!!

Evans 4
Clohessy 4.5
Coughlan 5
Barker 6
Herd 6
Soares 4.5
Easton 7
Grant 6.5
Hall 6
Sturrock 4.5
Corr 7
Paterson 7
Comminges 6.5

Evans 5
Clohessy 5
Coughlan 6
Barker 8
Herd 6
Soares 5
Easton 7
Grant 7
Hall 5
Sturrock 5
Corr 8
Paterson 6
Comminges 6

Trouble is, regardless of their position its still Cheltenham. They are never going to be a masive draw, their away support must have been under 100.

I rather fear it's not just Cheltenham who are not a massive draw at the moment.

Corr was MOM, he was unlucky not to score another a couple of goals. Blair Sturrock is fulfilling everyone's view of him and he is now believing it himself. Sad to be in a crowd that is not supportive, but it is not their fault, as a entertainment business, Martin has killed the golden goose by ditching Tilson n' Brush.........

There is no substitute for quality...

Correct.And, unfortunately, we don't have any when Moshni's not playing (and Grant's below par).:sad:

Last edited:
were people watching a different game from me i thought apart from first 10 mins we dominated and played more like we did under tilly style wise. if we play like that till end of season im very confident of playoffs.

ratings

Evans 3
clohessy 6 much better second half
herd 8 tried so hard
coughlin 4 would have subbed him after 2nd goal
barker 7 strong throughout
soares 7 one of his better games
hall 7 same couldnt get more crosses in
easton 5 was he playing
grant ( not fair to rate kane ) 9 one of best games seen him have
sturrock 2 just awful
corr good target man no more looked better with pato 7
patterson 8 thought lookd v good when came on
migeul comminegues 7 looked ok

No chance.

Obviously, Coughlin had a great game today, was commanding and really geeing up those who were underperforming. Grant was not some kind of mega saviour when he came on, he did some good stuff, but he equally did some pretty crap stuff too and no way deserving of a 9.

thanks James, still don't really understand why only one leg!

Right you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back