• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 3 Eastleigh

I'm reading different things about the keeper situation. Blondy's loan is up - is the club saying they are looking to extend his loan, or replace him with another loanee?

I'm reading different things about the keeper situation. Blondy's loan is up - is the club saying they are looking to extend his loan, or replace him with another loanee?
His loan is up at the end of January. If we sign him to an extension he would have to play as he would be considered an emergency loan. If we sign someone else it would be the same most likely but I can see there being better out there

Ron Martin has a lot to answer for but he’s not the one who injured Arnie or signed Blondy.

When you’re spending more than is coming in the answer can’t be to just go and sign more players. You have to work within your budget. The coaching staff have got more right than wrong and are still in credit but they missed with the signing of Blondy.
People seem to have forgotten that Blondy was signed purely as a back up ,fate changed all of that

Absolutely heartbreaking, I read this with tears in my eyes, every single Southend supporter will feel the same. How has this one man been allowed to take this club to the brink of destruction. I will never forgive or forget what he has done. He came into our club with an agenda, to make himself rich, I don’t believe he ever cared about the club or supporters. Hate is a strong word, but that’s what I feel for Ron Martin, a despicable excuse for a human being 🤬🤬🤬

Horrible day at the Hall, horrible bobbly pitch, horrible anti-football opponents against a backdrop of the horrible need for a minority to protest. No wonder we lost, you must score early against these teams to pacify all the above. I thought we had enough to win, but when you look at it only one goalkeeper was worked and his erratic performance aided the sense of doom. Seen it all now when their goalkeeper went down to kill the game completely out of the blue. At least previous opponents have tried to disguise it under a challenge. Referee was played all afternoon, fell for all their antics. What really irks is that goalkeeper went down and makes you think genuine injuries like poor Paddy Almond are all fake. Please have some respect you cheats for your fellow players who are genuinely injured. However when all said and done, we deserved nothing having conceded 3 at home and they probably would have won playing fairly.

Blondy 4
Kensdale 7
Lopata 6
Ralph 5
Demetriou 6
Taylor 5
Miley 6
Husin 5
Bridge 7
Cardwell 8 MOTM
Powell 5

Murphy 7
Scott-Morris 6
Hyde 5

I bet Blondy cannot wait to get back to Stoke after yesterday. Harry Cardwell MOTM after another impressive display and Rhys Murphy looked sharp when he came on. A day to forget and we must score early next week to abate another day like yesterday. We are still eighth and plenty of points to play for to still achieve play off place, if still in business obviously. UTB

His loan is up at the end of January. If we sign him to an extension he would have to play as he would be considered an emergency loan. If we sign someone else it would be the same most likely but I can see there being better out there

An emergency loan keeper can also only be signed on terms that are no more generous than the keeper they're replacing. So if it's considered Collin is the keeper they're replacing I'm imaging that won't be much cash - so those expecting a Peter Cech equivalent to be signing might be sorely disappointed.

I am not going to break the habit of a lifetime by giving my ratings or analysis of the game, I merely felt it was a bad day at the office.
My main gripe of the day was the lack of Bovril at the refreshment stand.
You were lucky!

I don't know which stand you were in but that is the least of the problems in the west stand.

The Turnstiles were not working.
The ticket office was shut.
The ladies loo appparently was mostly shut off.
The mens loo by W block roof has serious problems and the outside part was also shut off.
The bar behind the family enclosure was shut as the roof has fallen in.

I dont mean to make this a moan but that is just a few of the current problems in the west which is literally falling to bits. I believe the toilets are THE priority if we have any money at any point due to health and safety.

Bar inside.

rh bar.jpg

You were lucky!

I don't know which stand you were in but that is the least of the problems in the west stand.

The mens loo by the far post roof has serious problems and the outside part was also shut off.

I dont mean to make this a moan but that is just a few of the current problems in the west which is literally falling to bits. I believe the toilets are THE priority if we have any money at any point due to health and safety.

Bar inside.

View attachment 24502
Lots if roofing problems across the ground it seems.

You were lucky!

The mens loo by W block roof has serious problems and the outside part was also shut off.

Bar inside.

View attachment 24502
Rubbish! This is the new skylight Ron has commissioned in a host of improvements to Roots Hall.

Admist all the gloom Harry Cardwell is the first Southend player to score in three consecutive games since….

….Sam Dalby nearly a year ago (Feb/Mar 2022).

Matt Dennis (Dec21/Jan22) and Rhys Murphy (Sept21) also managed this last season. Prior to that the last player to score in three successive matches was Simon Cox in September 2018.

Cardwell has scored more goals in the last 3 matches than any Southend player managed in the entire 2020-21 season.

Back