• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1, Rotherham United 1

Evening Echo

The News
ROTHERHAM skipper Johnny Mullins bagged an injury time equaliser to deny Southend United a crucial victory at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Oh dear it's all gone quiet in here! Not really a great game. Rotherham a physical side with their players harrassed by the two buffoons on the touchline. Don't know why Luggy persists with starting Britt. We needed a more experienced forward to start with Bilel to rid us of the first half hoodhoo that is now wrecking our season. I would play Harris from the start. Britt has done well up to know but he is only a kid and he was bullied for most the game. Mohsni was easily our best player.
Hurst goal was excellent Mayor shirked every challenge going. Prosser and Cresswell reasonably solid. Crap defending from us for their goal which came from a free kick that should never have been given. Play offs unlikely I think unless we start with more experience up front.

Anyone else getting fed up of dropping points at home to horrid git goals which are more often than not late on?

Meh thought we played ok today. Especially first 10/15 of second half. Thought Prosser and Creswell had a good game just gutting last minute goal again

Britt 6
Mohsni 8
The rest 7
Sturrock 4, who should have changed things much earlier....

You should never make subs before defending a set piece. Bad decision from Sturrock. Should have waited till that passage of play was over with.

Mohsni was awesome today, won everything in the air. Cringed at times thinking a sending off tackle was coming but he calmed himself enough to avoid it today. A big cheer went up on 28 mins in the south upper to commemorate Mohsni staying on the pitch.

How old was their keeper? Nice colour co-ordination with his hair and outfit.

Love him, hate him there was only one player on the pitch that i felt really wanted to win and that was Mohsni, ok we worry in case he gets sent off but thats because he trys to win every ball even ones he should not go for. The big worry is the team do not look like they want to win

Well that game this afternoon was an improvement on Tuesday night against Barnet!
Thought Moshni was MOM today and ran all over the park - a little hot headed on a couple of occasions but felt that more to do with him getting frustrated than anything else.
Hurst's goal was a screamer and i am still having concerns regarding Smith (maybe that is just me but I am still not convinced) and personally feel is it time to give Bentley a run out?
Listening to some of the messages sent to BBC Essex saying how well SUFC was playing I thought I must have been watching a diffferent game

Love him, hate him there was only one player on the pitch that i felt really wanted to win and that was Mohsni, ok we worry in case he gets sent off but thats because he trys to win every ball even ones he should not go for. The big worry is the team do not look like they want to win

That is the big worry and where I cringed, thinking he would end up sent off.

Magnificent skill in the first half with the brag back, spin and go that sure must be on Soccer AM next Saturday. Hurst and Reeves were both on there last weekend and Mohsni's skill today was 100 times better.

Mohsni was awesome today, won everything in the air. Cringed at times thinking a sending off tackle was coming but he calmed himself enough to avoid it today. A big cheer went up on 28 mins in the south upper to commemorate Mohsni staying on the pitch.

Couldn't be there today so constant checking of the BBC site. Each time I looked for Moshni's name before the score in case he had a red next to him. It's gonna take a while. Did he play up front?

You should never make subs before defending a set piece. Bad decision from Sturrock. Should have waited till that passage of play was over with.

How old was their keeper? Nice colour co-ordination with his hair and outfit.

I'd swap Steptoe in goal for them for our gutless bloke anyday

I dont think we'll ever get promoted with Smith in goal. The amount of goals from set pieces and crosses this season we have conceded has been a big factor in where we are. That and another batch of poor January signings by Luggy. If we could clone Mohsni (minus his red mist) and have him up front, at centre back and in midfield we'd be doing better!

I dont think we'll ever get promoted with Smith in goal. The amount of goals from set pieces and crosses this season we have conceded has been a big factor in where we are. That and another batch of poor January signings by Luggy. If we could clone Mohsni (minus his red mist) and have him up front, at centre back and in midfield we'd be doing better!

He played in all those positions today lol

Back