• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will Brown work out that Wright and Wordsworth can't play in the same midfield. Lenny had an impossible job. For the second time in 3 games Wright has gone off at half trime with a clean pair of shorts. Does he know what a tackle is ?

Pretty much what we said with Atkinson, Woody and Lenny last season!

woody will always be a bit of a luxury in a 4 man midfield unless you play him on the nominal left side. think of him as a league 1 david beckham if you will. a left mid rather than a left winger, but able to tuck in and solidify the midfield when needed, and with the quality in his left foot to pick a pass or cross from most positions in the opposition half.

Dear Mr Brown,

I saw a game of football today between one side, full of players I had heard of, against a team of nobody’s.

This team of nobody’s, who may well be paid a fairly low amount for league one players had the following.

Organisation, fitness, desire, ability to never give up, strength, belief and a will to give 100%

This enabled this team of nobody’s to be first to every lose ball, first to every tackle, to close down incessantly and ultimately to win the game.

This they have been doing from day one of the season as they prepare in the summer, and not in December.

Please make way for somebody who knows how to get a team to do the above.

Yours hopefully

A really depressed fan.

I live up in Yorkshire so don't get to the home games and I rely on this forum for what goes on. It's all very Animal Farm with Win (two legs) Good Lose (four legs) Bad. We lost to a team second in the league (with the best defensive record?) with an og. Og doesn't go in and Ranger scores and hey presto the comments would change. Have we actually lost a game this season where we played well/were unlucky etc or just got beat by a better team.

I live up in Yorkshire so don't get to the home games and I rely on this forum for what goes on. It's all very Animal Farm with Win (two legs) Good Lose (four legs) Bad. We lost to a team second in the league (with the best defensive record?) with an og. Og doesn't go in and Ranger scores and hey presto the comments would change. Have we actually lost a game this season where we played well/were unlucky etc or just got beat by a better team.

Your not the lad from Thirsk by any chance?

I know most of you are wondering WTF Coker was doing for that header but I think their 9 may have got a slight glance on the cross which took it slightly goal side as Coker was about to head.

just one of the other things I felt/noticed about the game was how bitty it was. If you'd had a tenner on 50+ throw ins in a game, you'd have walked away a rich man/woman:stunned:

Hold on, you're saying we got relegated because we sold Barnard? There were a few more weighty factors involved other than just selling Barnard

It was the start of a slippery slide if I remember rightly, I know there were other factors. But how much more is League 1 status worth to us than League 2? A damn site more than £700k I would think....

Where does the love fest for Shrewsbury come from ? I saw two bad sides on a bad pitch play a bad game today in a match that could have gone either way but should have been a draw if Ranger could finish.
I do agree Wordsworth needs a massive kick up the arse for his attitude today, and the manager's tactics......? Robinson? And I am no Brown hater.
As to those cheering Ferdinand getting injured and the West Stand Block W ****** squad who like shouting "what a load of rubbish" when something goes wrong - please stop stealing people's oxygen.

Oxley 7 - No chance with either goal, good kicking again.

Demetriou 5 - Terrible error led to the first goal, not much impact throughout.
Turner 6 - Did okay, occasional poor pass let him down.
Ferdinand - No time to rate.
Coker 4 - Had a shocker, I really rate him and will back him that it was a one off, however he was terrible today.

Wright 3 - Was he playing? Embarrassingly poor, put some challenges in please! Only time I noticed him was getting that needless yellow. Why didn't he take one for the team when they broke away for the first goal :nope:.
Leonard 7 - Poor first half, improved after the break and got a good headed goal.
Wordsworth 4 - Off the pace, needs to pull his finger out, lumbering around like he thinks he's Messi right now! Too many tricks and flicks with no real substance.
McLaughlin 6 - Did okay, capable of better though.

Cox 7 - Nothing really came off, but couldn't fault him for effort. In the second half he created a few chances.
Ranger 6 - Did okay with poor service. Last 20 mins pumping long balls to him was pretty clueless.

Subs

White 6 - Did okay, too much hoof ball to Ranger late on though.
McGlashan 7 - At least looked threatening with his pace.
Robinson 5 - Why? Only break we had he took a heavy touch. Surely Ba or Wabo couldn't do any worse? I suppose you've got to justify that inexplicable three year contract though Phil? :blush:

Last edited:
Where does the love fest for Shrewsbury come from ? I saw two bad sides on a bad pitch play a bad game today in a match that could have gone either way but should have been a draw if Ranger could finish.
I do agree Wordsworth needs a massive kick up the arse for his attitude today, and the manager's tactics......? Robinson? And I am no Brown hater.
As to those cheering Ferdinand getting injured and the West Stand Block W ****** squad who like shouting "what a load of rubbish" when something goes wrong - please stop stealing people's oxygen.

There is no "love fest" with Shrewsbury, they were simply the better team on the day.

We knew it before the game, during the game and still acknowledge it after the game. That's not a "love fest", just acceptance that we got beat by a better side. In fact, the 2nd best side in this divison.

Same realistic idealism or perhaps realism, when we have to face Wigan at the hall in February. I'm not expecting us to win. If we do..Great!... if we draw..Great. But currently a loss is on the cards.

It's just as simple as that.

For what it's worth, I agree with the rest of your comments though.

Shrewsbury were not a better side. They just worked harder and were better organised. Something that is entirely down to the manager.

They would not have conceded our 2nd goal as at least 3 players would of been closing down the player on the edge of the box.

Yet another game where the players only bother to try for 45 minutes. Getting sick of it to be honest.

They wanted every ball so much more than we did and that’s why they are where they are in the league, technically not the best but they put a serious shift in, the hardest working side we’d played all season

Team selection was clearly wrong, I don’t know if anyone else noticed John White warming up basically from KO, so it seemed clear Ferdinand shouldn’t have been out there and from Josh Wright’s fiancé, he’d had painkilling injections since Boxing Day

Oxley 6

Demetriou 5
Ferdinand 0 (White 6)
Turner 6
Coker 5

Wright 4 (McGlashan 0)
Leonard 8
Wordsworth 2
McLaughlin 2

Cox 8 (Robinson 0)
Ranger 1

Shrewsbury are a team of workhorses and we only have 2 in Cox and Lenny

from Josh Wright’s fiancé, he’d had painkilling injections since Boxing Day

Shrewsbury are a team of workhorses and we only have 2 in Cox and Lenny
Wright's thigh was heavily strapped as seen when he went off. So both he and Ferdinand were risked.

And yes only those two outfield players put any sort of sustained effort in

Refreshing read. Much better than the" we won the Fa cup so why didn't you roll over" from.the Wigan fans.

After with a lot of what has been put. Would disagree about 1st goal. Rather than the pitch to blame I thought it was typical of a number of goals we have scored this season. Two "defenders" winning the ball off lone opponent giving us ball in advanced position compared to rest of opponent's defenders. The fact our "defenders" are a winger and a centre forward makes all the difference.

After couple of referees decisions were strange. Couple of free kicks went to us but In thought were other way. Each sides first bookings aren't always cautions yet sandwiched in the middle a free kick to us on the edge of your area for a foul from behind which breaks up attack isn't a booking. Also thought we should have had a penalty

"After couple of referees decisions were strange. Couple of free kicks went to us but In thought were other way. Each sides first bookings aren't always cautions yet sandwiched in the middle a free kick to us on the edge of your area for a foul from behind which breaks up attack isn't a booking. Also thought we should have had a penalty".

That sums up a strange refereeing performance. I was mystified at times. And yes, it looked a penalty.

Back