• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh dear, C and P. Another defeat for your boys. Will you now concede, that we are without doubt, the best team in Essex ? :smile:

Perhaps you'll get your own back in the league. Oh ! Hold on a minute....you can't !! ha ha ha :winking:

Yes from what I hear we were cack, they will persist with this one up front rubbish which will get us relegated!

That pretty much sums it up. Cox and Mooney could give us a decent front line partnership, Demetriou looks class and Mclaughlin is also looking sharp. First time in the South Bank Upper, great view but leg room is a bit tight.

CAP, if that was your first eleven I suggest you come and watch our home games instead. They were collectively a bit grim to watch I'm afraid.

So I hear, we were very poor lets hope they improve when the real stuff starts!

Cox and Mooney linked up well and they could form a good partnership this season.

Great tackle from Atkinson to put the Col Ewe player out of the game. Payback for Gilbey's tackle from last season?

Great stop on 60 mins from Smith, I thought it was a goal all day long.

What was the point of fans booing Prosser? Gave everything while playing for us and got binned off for standing up to PB.

On that performance, Col Ewe are going to be L2 fodder this season and will end up relegated again

That was Garvan, he is our Noel Hunt, a good player but always injured!

Cox and Mooney linked up well and they could form a good partnership this season.

Great tackle from Atkinson to put the Col Ewe player out of the game. Payback for Gilbey's tackle from last season?

What was the point of fans booing Prosser? Gave everything while playing for us and got binned off for standing up to PB.

On that performance, Col Ewe are going to be L2 fodder this season and will end up relegated again

It was unnecessary to give Prosser the verbals. He always gave 100% when wearing navy blue. I hope he does well in a limited Col U team.
Mooney looks a different player to last year with Cox alongside him.

Took my boy today for his first ever match. A nicker to get him in, 2 goals 1 dodgy burger and a chat with a mate who I haven"t seen for a while. An all good day really.

It was unnecessary to give Prosser the verbals. He always gave 100% when wearing navy blue. I hope he does well in a limited Col U team.

He still fell over six times before he got a free kick. That said he did look better with Cox by his side. I wonder what a fit Ranger next to Cox would give us.

Good performance from us. Fingers crossed McGlashan coming off was just a precaution, he did well before that. Col Ewe were poor and Phil Brown certainly won't be regretting letting Prosser go. Took an early lead and the rest was all about fitness, so good to see Simon Cox and most of the starting eleven get 90 minutes under their belt.

Demetriou played well and as expected seems better than White, Thompson and Barrett weren't really challenged but never looked troubled. Ted made a couple of smart stops too.

Cox has the footballing brain of Noel Hunt but has the mobility that he lacked, could see he'll be a massive asset this season and brought others into the game as much as he had his own chances.

Lots of positives for us to take from that going forward, and other than Oxley/Smith would say that'll be our starting eleven next Saturday.

Yes, this is a fair summary of a boring match. Col Ewe (& Luke) look very poor and a long way from the standard of L.O. in last season's final warm up.
The outfield 10 is likely PB's starters. Demetriou looked good and dealt well with some unnecessary rough and crude stuff from Dickinson (yellow and subbed).
I would have liked PB to have given Jakob more time than the 15 minutes he got; and especially wanted young Jack to have longer to demonstrate if he can offer more, alongside Lenny, than Willo (again back or side passes de rigour).
Cox is a neat fit for Hunt and linked well with Mooney (offside inside 40 seconds!). Mooney also fell over too much again, didn't make a tackle or header - the bloke needs to stop titting about as he might be good (he finished his goal well) when he applies himself with some vigour.
WW and Tims were in the stand but I didn't see Nile?

Oh dear, Colchester really weren't very good. Pross had a deserved right old go at the no 3 during the 1st half. Hope McGlashan is ok, would have preferred to see some of the other players given a run out. Would have liked to see Bridge on much earlier.

Mooney and Cox definitely seem to be working well, I hope the fans will give Mooney a break when the season starts as his play during pre-season has been a huge upgrade on what we saw last season.

Defensively we looked pretty solid, but there was very little threat.

At under 2,000 attending, you have to ask if it was worth it.

WW and Tims were in the stand but I didn't see Nile?

I was told he was in the directors' box but didn't see him myself.

Oh dear, Colchester really weren't very good. Pross had a deserved right old go at the no 3 during the 1st half. Hope McGlashan is ok, would have preferred to see some of the other players given a run out. Would have liked to see Bridge on much earlier.

Mooney and Cox definitely seem to be working well, I hope the fans will give Mooney a break when the season starts as his play during pre-season has been a huge upgrade on what we saw last season.

I agree with you on the Cox, Mooney, Bridge front. We did look solid today at the back but there really wasn't to much to test us. Adam was his whole hearted self and Thompson did the muscled bit, but there was a little too much hoof and boot for me. I don't know what the answer is with what we currently have on the books, but maybe I would start Mr Barrett and Sokolik as Jakob is quicker than either of the other two and pace could be important at the back this season.

Another fair report OBL.
Mooney did the same things last pre season, looked ok then too BUT WHY does he not quit the simulation/non heading or lack of a tackle or challenge when he does 80% of a close down run, today the away GK was a very poor kicker but DM didn't work him as he MUST. He is a very frustrating player, he has some skill and he ought to be better.
Opening all 4 sides was a bit silly and must have cost more. The club got the level of interest wrong but that is partly because the fixtures for the Gills games weren't known or the visit of Rafa's boys.
I liked the shirts, the numbers for the squad look about right and now maybe the names will be added.

Took my boy today for his first ever match. A nicker to get him in, 2 goals 1 dodgy burger and a chat with a mate who I haven"t seen for a while. An all good day really.

Thats great I really hope he enjoyed it and will come again, I took all my four when they reached the age of 5 my youngest daughter was scared of the noise, although I dont suppose that was a big problem today!

Thats great I really hope he enjoyed it and will come again, I took all my four when they reached the age of 5 my youngest daughter was scared of the noise, although I dont suppose that was a big problem today!

Yeah, he did enjoy it. Being autistic I thought he might get bored very quickly and become a problem but he did the old man proud today. It wont be his last game thats for sure.

I wasn't there but FFS what is wrong with some of our fans . He gave everything for us and deserves better. If the rest of the team put in the same effort we would be a a better team than we are . I can't think of any other SUFC player that has consistently put his body on the line and has payed the price for it by being injured and then loosing his place . Really pleased to hear he was given the captains armband . CP's report also says he stopped a goal bound shot and saved one off the line - so clearly did something right.

Prosser didn't look at all happy today. He got a little stick that I heard from the east yellows but it wasn't no more than a bit of banter, no real malice behind it. I suspect it was more the lack of fight from his team mates that was getting to him. They were a very poor side and he does deserve to be playing in a better team. I did feel for him a little.

Prosser didn't look at all happy today. He got a little stick that I heard from the east yellows but it wasn't no more than a bit of banter, no real malice behind it. I suspect it was more the lack of fight from his team mates that was getting to him. They were a very poor side and he does deserve to be playing in a better team. I did feel for him a little.

He got a round of applause from the South upper and he gave a little Prosser clap back.

He got a round of applause from the South upper and he gave a little Prosser clap back.

It was more sarcasiam really when he sliced it into row z of the stand. He looked pretty embarrassed himself. Anyway, I'm not slagging him off, I always thought he worked hard for us.

Yep have to agree with this especially the part about Mooney

Back