• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We were lucky .
Ferdinand needs to be rested.
Kypriannou is taking his opportunity well.
Some of our "fans" are ****s on the way today heard walking to the ground two of them laughing about how sh8t it was going to be, how they would laugh how bad Ferdinand would be, how many goals Vassell would score against us pair of little ****s

We were lucky .
Ferdinand needs to be rested.
Kypriannou is taking his opportunity well.
Some of our "fans" are ****s on the way today heard walking to the ground two of them laughing about how sh8t it was going to be, how they would laugh how bad Ferdinand would be, how many goals Vassell would score against us pair of little ****s

Never happened. Very few of our fans ever know anything about the opposition prior to a match kicking off.

Anyone know what the Town Crier thing was all about before the match? Couldn't hear a word in the West Stand.

Kyle Vassell played for Chelmsford City and Bishops Stortford in 2012 and 2013 - so they may have been mates of his.

Never happened. Very few of our fans ever know anything about the opposition prior to a match kicking off.

It might be that they'd been listening to BBC Essex and Glen Pennyfather said he'd had Vassell at Chelmsford and that he'd then moved to Bishops Stortford (I think) and that he was a great leader of the line and was now playing to the potential he saw at Chelmsford.

Anyone know what the Town Crier thing was all about before the match? Couldn't hear a word in the West Stand.

Celebrating 125 years of Southend being a Borough. A bit of a nothing idea really - now if he had been announcing the breaking of ground at FF then that would have been worth shouting about.
Good to hear not a single clap of applause for Amiss.
And some people around me spoke then of how good Sir Teddy was and that a minutes silence had been expected; however, for me, knowing him just a little I would have expected Sir Ted to state that he did NOT want any such thing.

Just back from a week's holiday...seems we won 3 out of 3 whilst I was away...anyone fancy chipping in for me to feck off again?

I had a similar thing many years ago, I used to put £1 on SUFC to win 1-0 every week (if I remembered!"). Anyhow I was on hols in Greece (no internet in those days) so I couldn't get to a bookie's. You can guess what's coming...we had 4 matched and won 3 by 1-0. Bong!

Having seen their goal a few times I am thinking it was a very good, if very long pass AND that Vassell took his chance very well. Anton ought to have done better BUT it was a cracking goal from nothing and that sort of thing does happen so slaughtering Anton over it is a touch harsh IMO.
However if that fits the agenda.........................:unsure:

Attack wise wewere extremely poor. Blackpool concede a lot of goals. Tactically when we went1 up from an excellent finish by Wordsworth from a corner that initially lookedmi****, I thought our game plan was to sit back and hope they make a mistake whichwould give us another goal - which of course they did straight after halftime.

Blackpool's attacking play was far better than ours - their players werequicker , had better close control, held the ball turned well and found goodpositions moving forward to support each other. However they found Oxleyhaving his best performance for us.

Phil's back in his get in front and keep them out mode again. We were extremelyfortunate it worked yesterday.
He is also back in his "they won the game they keep the shirt" modewhich means he doesn't put out the strongest team. I just think its lazymanagement.

Only Leonard, Oxley and Kyprianou of the starters to my mind come out with anycredit football wise from yesterday apart from the fact that no one gave up andeveryone put a shift in.

I don't find the game very entertaining - we were very poor - we didn't keepthe ball, our first touch was usually far too heavy. McLaughlin runs withball too far in front of him. We gave away too many free kicks. The balancein midfield still isn't right-where's our midfield terrier/dynamo?

I hope Ranger was just having an off day and there's nothing more sinisterbehind it.
Credit to Fortune he did well for the 30 minutes he was on - showing he is fine for 30 but not got the energy now for 90 minutes.

We managed only 4 shots on target against a side that have conceded 11 goals in6 away games.

So after 6 undefeated home games we've probably only played well in the first 45 minutes against Blackburn and 10 against Northampton. The rest have been a struggle -28 shots on target in 6 games is no where near good enough or entertaining enough

Having seen their goal a few times I am thinking it was a very good, if very long pass AND that Vassell took his chance very well. Anton ought to have done better BUT it was a cracking goal from nothing and that sort of thing does happen so slaughtering Anton over it is a touch harsh IMO.

I also thought it was a great goal and credit should go to the Blackpool players rather than blaming Ferdinand or Oxley. The long pass was superb and right on the button. Vassell's first touch was equally as good to take it to the side of Oxley without losing control. As for the comments on Ranger by other posters, I just think he's knackered after 3 games in a week. He'll be fine after recharging his batteries.

Take the win and move on people for Christ sake. Winning whilst not playing great, having important players injured/not fully fit is definitely not a bad thing, and we have also learnt we have a real solid keeper this season. There's a lot of potential with this team.

I except we need to perform better.... but 9 points in a week guys! More points than this time last year! Not all bad aye! :thumbsup:

Attack wise wewere extremely poor. Blackpool concede a lot of goals. Tactically when we went1 up from an excellent finish by Wordsworth from a corner that initially lookedmi****, I thought our game plan was to sit back and hope they make a mistake whichwould give us another goal - which of course they did straight after halftime.

Blackpool's attacking play was far better than ours - their players werequicker , had better close control, held the ball turned well and found goodpositions moving forward to support each other. However they found Oxleyhaving his best performance for us.

Phil's back in his get in front and keep them out mode again. We were extremelyfortunate it worked yesterday.
He is also back in his "they won the game they keep the shirt" modewhich means he doesn't put out the strongest team. I just think its lazymanagement.

Only Leonard, Oxley and Kyprianou of the starters to my mind come out with anycredit football wise from yesterday apart from the fact that no one gave up andeveryone put a shift in.

I don't find the game very entertaining - we were very poor - we didn't keepthe ball, our first touch was usually far too heavy. McLaughlin runs withball too far in front of him. We gave away too many free kicks. The balancein midfield still isn't right-where's our midfield terrier/dynamo?

I hope Ranger was just having an off day and there's nothing more sinisterbehind it.
Credit to Fortune he did well for the 30 minutes he was on - showing he is fine for 30 but not got the energy now for 90 minutes.

We managed only 4 shots on target against a side that have conceded 11 goals in6 away games.

So after 6 undefeated home games we've probably only played well in the first 45 minutes against Blackburn and 10 against Northampton. The rest have been a struggle -28 shots on target in 6 games is no where near good enough or entertaining enough

You've really brightened my Sunday morning up you happy chappy. Good job we didn't lose as well.

You've really brightened my Sunday morning up you happy chappy. Good job we didn't lose as well.

Just a reality check - when you travel for over 2 hours queueing for 45 mins to get through the Dartford Tunnel to get to a game you do hope for something that will make you say - really glad I didn't miss that - the first 5 and the last 2 minutes were good. As you say good job we didn't lose.

Just a reality check - when you travel for over 2 hours queueing for 45 mins to get through the Dartford Tunnel to get to a game you do hope for something that will make you say - really glad I didn't miss that - the first 5 and the last 2 minutes were good. As you say good job we didn't lose.

We will get to that point. Hard to be swashbuckling up front when you know you're weak at the back

winning ugly is still good.....it's nice to win with free flowing football, but sometimes just take the three points and move on....we are not Barcelona.

Same here. Watching the highlights this morning, Vassell caught the ball perfectly and released it almost immediately.

Back