• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1) Is Hendrie not just on loan until Coker recovers from injury? Seems unlikely PB would keep both in squad as WHU would expect Hendrie to start and I just simply cannot see Coker NOT getting back into team.

I very much can, especially if PB sticks to this system, which actually works perfect for him, as the clean sheets are more likely and it will start to bring the best out of Barnett/Payne/Hunt (perm 2 from 3) upfront.

I very much can, especially if PB sticks to this system, which actually works perfect for him, as the clean sheets are more likely and it will start to bring the best out of Barnett/Payne/Hunt (perm 2 from 3) upfront.

But do you not think Coker would be just as effective in a wing-back role?

The trouble is he has to make changes against the Shrews. Hunt IMO, ought to start in place of Tyrone & Timlin for Deegs.
With a long gap before that game no player ought to have tired legs.

But do you not think Coker would be just as effective in a wing-back role?

Tough one, but I always find Coker infuriating going forward.

Always checking back on himself and looking for an infield pass.

Hendrie was far more direct and ran at people with pace, as per our second goal and it was him bombing forward when Atkinson was clean through.

Have read all the posts on this thread and glad majority, like me, thought O'Neill was VERY good. A few more things I would comment/ask is:-

2) My initial comment in this thread said I thought White would struggle to get back in team and if we were to play 4 at the back I would say 'no chance' unless O'Neill gets injured or starts to perform badly...but...if PB is now planning to go permanently with 3 CB's (which easily works with Hendrie and O'Neill), White could easily slot in at one of the 3 CB's. Just depends on what formation we are going to play from here on in. Interesting options.

Why would we want to play a right back as a centre back when we have 3 perfectly good centre backs in Barrett, Bolger and Thompson?

Why would we want to play a right back as a centre back when we have 3 perfectly good centre backs in Barrett, Bolger and Thompson?

JW could slot in in the event of an injury to one of the three CBs you mention. With LP apparently on his way, this would appear to be an option.

The trouble is he has to make changes against the Shrews. Hunt IMO, ought to start in place of Tyrone & Timlin for Deegs.
With a long gap before that game no player ought to have tired legs.

MG highlights the gap before our game at Shrews. How will this affect us? Shrews play two games before we play them. If I remember correctly, the last time this happened was before the JPT tie with Millwall..........

Apologies if my memory is faulty.

What happens when one gets injured? And also in the interests of fairness, did anyone else see Thomson's left footed clearance into row Z? Was that a one off, or was that the only time he used his left foot? I am hoping it was the former.

Payne - 8.5, takes a little while to get going but once he does (and if he's allowed, as he isn't always) he's often unplayable. Great game, and well taken goal which we thought was going wide! Unfortunate, but inevitably subbed after Deegan's red. One wish....when he's left up the pitch when there's a corner against us, I wish he'd learn to run about on the half way line rather than standing still in one spot - work the opposition at all times!
Barnett - 8, a big proper lump of a centre forward with a proper physical presence, was very impressed - and a great spot kick too! #UTB

I would like him to stand at one side on the pitch on the half way line, prearrange it so the team know which side, then he will have more chance from a quick break as he won't be marked by two defenders.

LOL ... No wonder they all left halfway through the second half!

Apparently it was just mrsblue getting overly excited about Jason Williams scoring for Chelmsford ! :winking:

The comments about the Blue Boar suggest many Cov fans had a good day out :excepting for the football. Rightly they weren't impressed by our old ground and it's lacking in facilities. I don't think too many will be rushing back here.................. unless we meet them next in the play offs.

Last edited:
The Blue Boar, there! : A far cry from four men huddled around with a pint of Stout in 1906.

Interesting someone said in there that it was joe Coles best game for them.... I thought he was shocking from what I was expecting

Indeed, I was telling someone yesterday about him - said I was glad he was playing for the opposition and not for us!

Back