• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He came on loan and he left - how is that a distortion of the truth.

Please do not accuse me of lying it is not called for.

distortion of the truth
noun deceitfulness, fabrication, faking, falsehood,falsity, garbling, lie, lying, mendacity, misconstruction, misinterpretation, misrepresentation, mythomania, perfidy, perversion, sophistry, spuriousness, untruthfulness
Associated concepts: perjury, uttering a false statement

I didn't say you lied. (And even in the definition you gave "lying" was only one option, so I suggest you also stop cherry picking.) I said you distorted the truth. Your post implied that we got rid of him after one match, the inference being because we didn't deem him to be any good. That wasn't the case, we only signed him to cover for one match. He could have played as well as he did last night and he still wouldn't have played again.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

'Suddenly the defense looked more secure' said Yogi. Now did it?
What helped was an all-out attack that kept Oxford far too busy at the other end, rather than anything solid in front of Bentley.
Constable should have scored when he volleyed wide from the corner as the defence left him to it; Hurst, not a defender, got the ball off the line after the real defence had been outjumped.
Another high ball might have seen the luckless Constable thighing the ball into the net rather than past Bentley's post in the second half when the defence went awol again.
Sorry to rain on your parade Yogi, but the attack and tenacity all-round the park was fab; the defending less so.
I'll settle for the odd cardiac mumur if it means we win 3-0, however.

Well facts don't lie and that's three clean sheets in a row. Hovever, in response to you and in defense of myself, I watched the extended highlights of Monday night and afterwards posted this on the 'Sky Match Highlights thread'

"Last night I viewed extended highlights which showed the goals plus the chances and saves for both sides. Everyone, quite rightly , is enthusing about the performance, yet with a bit of luck (and a bit more skill) Oxford could (should) have had two or three goals. Most of our scares came from set pieces and at least twice, their players found themselves unmarked, in a goal scoring position. Wouldn't drop Egan or Sokolik but it did make me wonder whether Prosser would have closed them down better. There was also the thought that perhaps we miss Corr, not up front but his height and bulk defending set-pieces"?

Really came on this thread to point out a fact that may have escaped some. Following the midweek results and bearing in ming 'goal difference' our fate is back in OUR hands. With Oxford and York to play each other, if we win all our remaining games we are in the play-offs...........thought everyone may like to know that! :winking::smile:

Really came on this thread to point out a fact that may have escaped some. Following the midweek results and bearing in ming 'goal difference' our fate is back in OUR hands. With Oxford and York to play each other, if we win all our remaining games we are in the play-offs...........thought everyone may like to know that! :winking::smile:

Squeaky bum time then.

No, not quite ........ if Oxford lose to, or draw with, York we could still be edged out on goal difference despite winning all our games.

No, not quite ........ if Oxford lose to, or draw with, York we could still be edged out on goal difference despite winning all our games.

I was assuming that if (in the unlikey occurance) we won all our games we would maintain a better goal difference than our rivals! Frightening that, if by hazard, we were to lose on Saturday and both Oxford and York won, we would have a mountain to climb! All these eventualities are a bit ridiculous (apart from the one of us losing on Saturday:winking:) but it's just nice, after Monday, to be able to speculate again.....with a little bit of confidence.

Back