• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm sure that appropriate health and safety would be taken into consideration. It will probably be safer than roots hall!

Indeed it will be. The East stand along with Portsmouth's main stand are 2 most dangerous out of the 92 clubs.

I can see it now....Coxy just about to take a pen when "blue watch" run onto the pitch with their large hoses out and they are all shouting "guv guv".

Fans are ordered to seek refuge inside Ron's wallet,whilst the players are ordered to lay a few bricks on the main stand.

Don't want to be pedantic but if the main stand isn't built how will you have a fire in the flats above it.

I can see it now....Coxy just about to take a pen when "blue watch" run onto the pitch with their large hoses out and they are all shouting "guv guv".

Fans are ordered to seek refuge inside Ron's wallet,whilst the players are ordered to lay a few bricks on the main stand.

I don't think Coxy will be playing at the 'new' stadium ........

High street objections....What will happen to all the pound shops ?
Sounds like a good positive AGM, thanks for the updates McNasty.

The news about the stadium sounds really interesting and with BL on board I see no reason (financially) why it wouldn't progress by the Autumn. The main reason the application has been delayed is to deal with the High Street objections so lets hope all those problems have been ironed out. However from my own experience now that people know its going in officially they will find at any cost something to object about.......Lets hope the councillors you will be voting for....See the bigger picture, why not ask them their views and all you Shrimpers make sure you and your family vote.

Is this a fact or wishful thinking? If true, given that this is the most substantial chunk of club debt that is not to RM or his subsidiary companies, then this is quite a revelation.

The money was never lent to SUFC directly so it doesn't automatically follow that a write-off at Sainsburys end would be reflected in our accounts, I'd assume.

I was told by someone who'd know that it was Sainsburys who paid off the most recent winding up petition a few months back so I think there's more to this than meets the eye,

The money was never lent to SUFC directly so it doesn't automatically follow that a write-off at Sainsburys end would be reflected in our accounts, I'd assume.

I was told by someone who'd know that it was Sainsburys who paid off the most recent winding up petition a few months back so I think there's more to this than meets the eye,

The bulk of the debt is to associated companies, those companies owe Sainsbury with the loans secured on RH. What we don't know if there was a penalty clause or non refundable deposit on the deal , which could offset the loans to RHL SEL and MD

What type of riff raff will be living in those flats?.....I mean I don't fancy watching the footy with a rave going on the top floor with TV's being launched out the window onto the pitch and fans.

They would have to use a large catapult to get anything into the ground from the window.

This isnt like Orients ground when the flats are inside the stadium.

Changed a bit in the newer photos but imagine the idea will be the same.

BA111930_19 E43 ANL BLUES.jpg

They would have to use a large catapult to get anything into the ground from the window.

This isnt like Orients ground when the flats are inside the stadium.

Changed a bit in the newer photos but imagine the idea will be the same.

View attachment 4687

Thanks for the pic,

Its not the British way to have flats bolted onto the stadium,it's not right,progress eh !

Back