• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Altrincham, Saturday 3rd December, 12:30ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Cav Miley

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Win

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blondy/ Colin - injury dependent

Gus lopata kensdsle ralph

Taylor Miley

Bridge

Mooney cardwell Powell

Subs Hobson cosgrave fonguck lomas wreh

Play like England. Overlapping full backs. Front players provide width and depth upfront when needed . 3 in midfield to protect and move forward. 4 solid players in defence.

Note how awful england are when they play 3 at the back. Note how awful we are when we have Ralph back despite being one of our top players.

532 has been better, 523 gets found out.
Just a thought on the 2 versus 3 in the middle how well a 2 works seems more dependent on the front 3 being on their game pressing and working harder to keep the ball up top! which Powell does very well imo . Bridge & mooney not really , Wreh can hold the ball up quite well .
We play better in either shape imo when all the players are fully mobile b3 pushing into midfield and overloads etc cyb

We desperately need a positive result from today's game. 3 points would lift the team and the crowd and lighten the mood currently sweeping across the supporters.

So, if you were undecided about going today, and you can afford to do so, then get your arse down to the Hall and cheer the lads on. Currently we have sold 5564 home seats for the game.

Taylor Miley

Bridge

Mooney cardwell Powell

Play like England. Overlapping full backs. Front players provide width and depth upfront when needed . 3 in midfield to protect and move forward. 4 solid players in defence.

Note how awful england are when they play 3 at the back. Note how awful we are when we have Ralph back despite being one of our top players.

Cardwell and powell not available

I just can't see where the goals will come from today with our zero strike force.
Hobinho!

In all seriousness we have been short of goals from strikers all season and our goals have instead come from all over the pitch and the performance of our defence has kind of masked that during our unbeaten run.

IMHO we are still short of a goalscorer to get us out of this division, the 2 we have are injured far too much.

Taylor Miley

Bridge

Mooney cardwell Powell

No Cardwell; no Powell.
Back to the drawing board on that one.

Poor old Hydey working on Hamstring 6 and the third in the past year, has been out for another 6 weeks to add to the previous 6 weeks. Thats 3 months out so far on the season loan, Whilst you have to have sympathy for the bloke I hope we dont offer any Kind of contract beyond
this season. Maybe we could negotiate a return to Wrexham in January and replace?

Shame Cardsy, Noorsy, Powellsy and Rhysy unavailable. I only mentiony thissy as Im also a bit fed uppy of football speeaky but at least some are on the grassy

It’s amazing how a couple of rubbish results and a couple of injuries totally changes the mood of the fanbase. I’ve no idea what the score will be but I’m hoping we somehow get back to winning ways and me and the teenager will be there, wearing extra layers!

It’s amazing how a couple of rubbish results and a couple of injuries totally changes the mood of the fanbase. I’ve no idea what the score will be but I’m hoping we somehow get back to winning ways and me and the teenager will be there, wearing extra layers!
With respect, I won't be asking you to do my accounts!
If it were only a 'couple'.
Currently, looking at Hyde, Powell, Noor, Cardwell, Murphy and probably, Ndi who are unlikely to feature.

Currently, looking at Hyde, Powell, Noor, Cardwell, Murphy and probably, Ndi who are unlikely to feature.
Well I was talking about Noor and Powell specifically (forgot about Collin) .. we’ve always got loads on the treatment table what seems like permanently! Have Hyde, Cards or Murphy ever been fully fit?

Welcome back to Southend United. Was walking past Roots Hall so popped in to the ticket office just after 10 to get mine for today. And the computers weren’t working…internet super slow. Maybe another unpaid bill 🙄

Oh well, staying just down the road so will try again in 10 minutes on my way to the Blue Boar

Welcome back to Southend United. Was walking past Roots Hall so popped in to the ticket office just after 10 to get mine for today. And the computers weren’t working…internet super slow. Maybe another unpaid bill 🙄

Oh well, staying just down the road so will try again in 10 minutes on my way to the Blue Boar
It gets more embarrassing each day, Isthmian League clubs are run and organised better than our shambolic club. I have supported the club for over 60 years and it's heartbreaking to see what's happening under the ownership of RM.

It gets more embarrassing each day, Isthmian League clubs are run and organised better than our shambolic club. I have supported the club for over 60 years and it's heartbreaking to see what's happening under the ownership of RM.
Have to say, went back half hour later and it was all fine. So probably just a technical issue which happens. And great, friendly staff too. So credit to the people who make the club what it is.

I was on my way to Newcastle for my youngest daughters Msc award ceremony. However collected a nasty bug from my youngest grandchild so will be stuck in, but on the radio as MRs C has set off oop North
Second bug from the bugfester grand children in 6 weeks. I read 3 to 5 year olds get around 6 cold type infections a year, constantly in and out of playgroups and school. Thats one every 2 months ! but they strengthen their immunity for later in life, but clearly not for grumpy old grandads

I just can't see where the goals will come from today with our zero strike force.
Even during our winning run we were reliant on set pieces for a lot of our goals. Some goals from midfield would be nice.
How many of those were available when everyone was buoyant after Notts County?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back