• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three nil to rovers

..........oxley
Demetriou white Ferdinand hendrie
Kightly lenny yearwood macca
........cox........maf
Add Coker, wordsworth and a decent CB and ranger to that team and it's very good....however

I notice that Bridge hasn't even made the subs bench in these selections. Is that because these new youngsters are better or he is still out of favour and will be going out on loan shortly

He's gone to Grimsby. Not sure if permanent but I expect it will be. Mr big bollox in my eyes and PB new it. It didn't help with his agent who mislead him by the sound of it.

Should be 9k in for this one now. Decent gate for what is arguably our slowest point of the season. Lot of people are away on there family holidays.

Just saw a tweet from the club saying they are expecting 9k there. That actually really impressive, lots of regulars will be on holiday and normally in league 1/2 the first few weeks of the season are really poor attendances.

Last years the first 6 league games were 8k, 6k, 5.5k, 7.7k, 5.5k, 6.4k.

With 7,400 being the average last season (which I thought was very good) we could possibly reach an average of 8k fans this season which is exactly what the club are targeting so lets hope so. Great for the club and for the town!

Ox
Demitrou Ferdinand White Hendrie
Kightly Leonard Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox MAF

Just saw a tweet from the club saying they are expecting 9k there. That actually really impressive, lots of regulars will be on holiday and normally in league 1/2 the first few weeks of the season are really poor attendances.

With 7,400 being the average last season (which I thought was very good) we could possibly reach an average of 8k fans this season which is exactly what the club are targeting so lets hope so. Great for the club and for the town!

600 extra a game at home x £20 say x 23 games = £276,000. Good money for Ron but hardly spectacular ............ and a good (well, any?) F.A., League or L.D.V. Cup run would bring in similar sums possibly.

Be even more if there was onions in the burgers!

I'm having a Kevin Costner Field of dreams moment here. 'If you build it they will come'. With the right team selections and further great buys, you could be right up there with Costner Phil.

0-0

800 from Rovers

Given we have sold 6800 already. Rovers have sold 1500 already. We also have around 500 corporate and pay on the day. Its unlikely that there will be less than 9k for this 1. Be great to get 10k in.

Given we have sold 6800 already. Rovers have sold 1500 already. We also have around 500 corporate and pay on the day. Its unlikely that there will be less than 9k for this 1. Be great to get 10k in.

Better still, it would be great to get 10k, and turn those Northern monkeys over, 2 maybe 3-0.

Nearly 500 sold today alone, that's impressive. When was the last time we had 7000 plus home fans for a first game of the season? I can't remember, and that number could reach 8000.

Better still, it would be great to get 10k, and turn those Northern monkeys over, 2 maybe 3-0.

What's noticeable the fans believe in what the club's trying to achieve and they're coming out in numbers bearing in mind a lot are still on holiday. I'm not surprised though. I think we all know we're a bit of a sleeping giant if managed right and under PB and RM we're heading in the right direction. All we need now is that elusive bloody new stadium :stunned:

What's noticeable the fans believe in what the club's trying to achieve and they're coming out in numbers bearing in mind a lot are still on holiday. I'm not surprised though. I think we all know we're a bit of a sleeping giant if managed right and under PB and RM we're heading in the right direction. All we need now is that elusive bloody new stadium :stunned:

I hope this season someone wakes up the giant on Saturday rather than leaving it until 6 to 10 games have passed ...........

Nearly 500 sold today alone, that's impressive. When was the last time we had 7000 plus home fans for a first game of the season? I can't remember, and that number could reach 8000.
Probably 2009 v Huddersfield att. 8,059 cant remember how many away fans though.
If not that then 2008 v Peterborough att. 8,665.

I see only 1,461 home tickets sold for the Newport cup game on Tuesday so far.

Back