• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fair comment 'OBL'.

I'll take a punt that we are quite low down, though.
Without wishing to take this topic "off thread" too much, the fact that away supporters coaches are welcome to park actually in the ground area is a huge plus! Massive bugbear of mine that we can take coaches to away games and sometimes have to walk quite a distance from where they park to the ground - it's almost as if they don't want us to spend our money! And then some have the cheek to charge coaches to park!

Good point 'OBL'. I hadn't thought of that.

FWIW, I wouldn't worry about going off-topic. All threads do. That's just how forums work.

All they are, are chats in the pub, but in online form. We all know subjects change in any face-to-face conversations between people. Forums are no different.

Without wishing to take this topic "off thread" too much, the fact that away supporters coaches are welcome to park actually in the ground area is a huge plus! Massive bugbear of mine that we can take coaches to away games and sometimes have to walk quite a distance from where they park to the ground - it's almost as if they don't want us to spend our money! And then some have the cheek to charge coaches to park!
At Bradford don't our coaches park direct outside the ground? not the main car park but close to the away end and side?
I believe our club, and council (as licencing authority) should do a better job at marketing a weekend at the seaside with a football game experience; the "fare" on offer to the average "official" coach travelling away fan is p### poor. For example a "pop up" bar in a tent at north east corner serving beer to both North and East stand fans ought to be easy, and a "pop up" fast food as they have down the middle of the High Street too.

Good point 'OBL'. I hadn't thought of that.

FWIW, I wouldn't worry about going off-topic. All threads do. That's just how forums work.

All they are, are chats in the pub, but in online form. We all know subjects change in any face-to-face conversations between people. Forums are no different.

:hilarious: Have you heard of the saying "don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs"?!!! :winking:

At Bradford don't our coaches park direct outside the ground? not the main car park but close to the away end and side?
I believe our club, and council (as licencing authority) should do a better job at marketing a weekend at the seaside with a football game experience; the "fare" on offer to the average "official" coach travelling away fan is p### poor. For example a "pop up" bar in a tent at north east corner serving beer to both North and East stand fans ought to be easy, and a "pop up" fast food as they have down the middle of the High Street too.

I don't know about Bradford, it's one I've not been to....yet! I think Wigan was one in particular that our Trust Away Travel organisers were unhappy about, when you have several elderly supporters on the coach any distance is not good and it really shouldn't be difficult to drop supporters at the ground. There's plenty do come for a "stop over" and obviously, the Fossetts dream will make this so much easier to market.

The idea of a pop up bar/food outlet in the North has been thoroughly investigated by the club and turned down on the grounds that it would need to be open for all games. There's plenty of games during the season where it just wouldn't be viable. I believe they did have one of the food "wagons" in there for one of the big games last season, but I don't know how often that happens. Believe you me, the club is really trying to make the experience better for all​ fans but the crux of it is that, unless the team is doing it on the pitch, the experience isn't going to be great.

:hilarious: Have you heard of the saying "don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs"?!!! :winking:

Absolutely 'OBL'.

Of course, my response wasn't aimed at you. I know, you know and I know you were posting in that way.

Some people don't, though, so it was a tip in their direction!

Absolutely 'OBL'.

Of course, my response wasn't aimed at you. I know, you know and I know you were posting in that way.

Some people don't, though, so it was a tip in their direction!

Lol, it did make me chuckle though!

Come on Zoners! 4 pages in and left wide open for me to state

We’re gonna get spanked.

As to Southend being a dump I don’t think any one of us would deny it. The fact is that it is my dump and whether I live there or not it’s where my heart will always be. Let’s be honest if you were born anywhere outside of Essex how many would think oooh I must move to Southend one day.

Come on Zoners! 4 pages in and left wide open for me to state

We’re gonna get spanked.

As to Southend being a dump I don’t think any one of us would deny it. The fact is that it is my dump and whether I live there or not it’s where my heart will always be. Let’s be honest if you were born anywhere outside of Essex how many would think oooh I must move to Southend one day.

The town and the area around RH is a dump you're right. Sadly these supporters down go further afield to Leigh, Chalkwell, Benfleet, Thorpe Bay (the list is endless) which are nice area's.

It's going to a busy afternoon and evening. Southend/Bradford City first, early evening show meal directly after the game at Padrino's and then the opening night of the Panto at the Cliffs Pavilion. Going out coats in the boot of the car, quick change from the colours to going out coats and off we go. Lee Mead, Stacey Soloman, Bobby Davro and Robin Askwith doing their stuff up Jack's beanstalk....and yeah we are taking kids with us. Classy or what?

So, back to the panto warm up. This is quite difficult to guess after last week and Bristol Rovers, but I'll stick my neck out and predict Oxkley will be our custodian and Michael Timlin will feature from the beginning. See, I'm a risk taker me.

It's going to a busy afternoon and evening. Southend/Bradford City first, early evening show meal directly after the game at Padrino's and then the opening night of the Panto at the Cliffs Pavilion. Going out coats in the boot of the car, quick change from the colours to going out coats and off we go. Lee Mead, Stacey Soloman, Bobby Davro and Robin Askwith doing their stuff up Jack's beanstalk....and yeah we are taking kids with us. Classy or what?

So, back to the panto warm up. This is quite difficult to guess after last week and Bristol Rovers, but I'll stick my neck out and predict Oxkley will be our custodian and Michael Timlin will feature from the beginning. See, I'm a risk taker me.

You can't beat a good show at the Cliffs :thumbsup:

As I can't go as will be visiting my mother in Yorkshire (shame it's not an away match!!) then I can confidently predict that everything will fall in to place at the weekend and we will perform really well and win.

In all seriousness then I reckon that PB will pick a Team that will fight for him and will hopefully be in line with what the fans want - given his own circumstances then he just can't afford to pick on reputation.

My team would be as follows:

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou (if fit), Hendrie
Demetriou, Leonard, Timlin, McLaughlin (if fit)
Cox
Fortune

Subs
Wright, Wordsworth, Ranger, Ferdinand, Bishop, Yearwood, McLashan

I think it's a given that Timlin will cone back into the side.

Crowds seem down this year on the 7400 average of last year.

Can't see there being many over 7k this Saturday.

Obviously the charlton game should be 10k+ though.

oh no you’re not !

Jeeees, the words "broken record" come to mind.

My point is simple. We will be lucky to get 7k Saturday. Had we been doing well. This would have been a much better gate of 8-9k.

Unbeaten at home and still apathy has set in amongst certain home support.

As for the game. I'm hoping for a big response from the team after last Saturday.

We could get a response from the players, but if it’s another performance like last week, I reckon Phil will be gone by Monday. That will prove if the players are playing for him or not. Also expect a couple that are left out on Saturday to be gone in January (assuming Phil hasn’t)

My point is simple. We will be lucky to get 7k Saturday. Had we been doing well. This would have been a much better gate of 8-9k.

Personally, I'm not to sure about that.

Last season when we played them at Roots Hall, we were sitting just 3 points outside the play off's and going into the game with only One loss in the previous Eight league games.

The attendance that day was just 7,005. (With 573 away fans).

We won that day 3-0, with Atkinson getting two of them (and he's first goals of the season) against he's old side. We could have climbed into the play off's after that match, but sadly most of the teams around us won also, so we ended up being a single point short of AFC Wimbledon in 6th place.

Let's hope for a similar result again this weekend, but i'm not holding up much hope for a 3-0 win.

Back