• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Cambridge United, Tuesday 19th January, 19:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • John White

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Timothee Dieng

• Alan McCormack (or Arthur, or Alfie.....!)

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 49 70.0%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 58 82.9%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Emile Acquah

• Richard Taylor

• Harry Phillips

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Harry Kyprianou

• Terrell Egbri

• Harry Seaden

• Win

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be pleased to se Olly or Kyle able to play but looks very unlikely because of injury and Covid Complications sometimes take a while to overcome, so some time for Macca and the recently Tireless Demi? Maybe more changes than we would have anticipated given MMs comments. Possibly brief run out for Clifford>
Egbri hamstringed ,so likely Halford playing, maybe Acquah and Klass given the 3 games in quick order?

With 6.5 hours to go before kick off, the 11 most voted for players so far are (in order of preference):

Oxley
Hobson
Hackett-Fairchild
Bwomono
Dieng
White
Hart
Akinola
ANG
K Taylor
Macca

Which would, I think, see us line up as follows:

Oxley

Bwomono White Hobson Hart

McCormack

Dieng K Taylor

RH-F Akinola AN-G

Not too shabby, but I'm not convinced Kyle Taylor or Macca will be deemed fit to start tonight. I think I'd rather have Macca come on to direct the last 30 minutes of proceedings than to have him for 60 minutes and be a bit more rudderless at the end of the game. Thoughts?

Much much stronger lineup these days. Don’t have to worry about getting slaughtered anymore so I worry about where goals will come from instead now.

Honestly they just wanted the 3 points and felt we had deliberately got covid. I really hope we beat them tonight.

At the time they were on a roll and we were definitely there for the taking.

If the roles were reversed we would have been saying exactly the same things as they were. It's frustration.

We're in a better position (not in the table, obviously) now and they have stumbled a little but have picked up again. I still see them as favourites for this match but I've predicted a 3-0 loss for every game for a few months now, so that probably shows where I am with my confidence.

Still not the goal threat required for me.
I'd go for a 4 4 2.
.............ox
Elvis Hobson dieng Clifford
Ang macca Taylor Hart
Akinola RHF
Akinola playing that 2nd striker role..let's get those boys on the ball up the pitch in dangerous areas...
If Clifford not fit..Hart LB get egbri on

We can probably deduce from Twitter that there is a signing incoming... contract renewal or new player?

Just popped on their forum and safe to say they’ve still got a bee in their bonnet about the COVID postponement earlier in the season.

The floodlights have been on at the Hall since about 2.00pm today?
[/QUOTE
They’re filming essex boys/ rise of the foot soldier part 170,
Just popped on their forum and safe to say they’ve still got a bee in their bonnet about the COVID postponement earlier in the season.
I don't think they think much of us after the punch up outside the Railway a few years back, this has obviously ignited that hatred. If we get anything our of tonight then it will really p1ss them off because they would have easily got 3 points if the original game was played.

Back