• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Chertsey Town, Saturday 16th October, 3.00pm, FAC (4Q)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • John White

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 54 71.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 62 81.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 43 56.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Matt Rush

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 37 48.7%
  • Harry Seaden

• Ollie Coker

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Win

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond hearing he had an injury before the last game did we ever get told the nature of Sim’s injury and how long he was likely to be out?

Funny how we all like different parts of the stadium. East blues or yellows was where i used to sit with my dad, love the view from there. (Aside from the odd post)
Sat there for 15 years before we started doing well and suddenly couldnt get our seats so moved to the west near the north bank that has a good view and atmosphere.

Just heard a strong rumour that as well as White and Coulson that Hobson and Sayers are also injured and unlikely to be fit/risked on Saturday ... Good luck JD

Any news on what’s open Saturday don’t wanna go in the east

Well I called around an hour ago to get a couple of seats in the East Black. I asked how many seats were still up for grabs and I'll quote what I was told: 'Absolutely loads, you can go anywhere in the stand you want.'

So it's unlikely any other stand will be opened. I was hoping Chertsey would sell loads, seems they've only managed around 300 so far, so I reckon we're on for a three figure crowd!

Funny how we all like different parts of the stadium. East blues or yellows was where i used to sit with my dad, love the view from there. (Aside from the odd post)
Sat there for 15 years before we started doing well and suddenly couldn't get our seats so moved to the west near the north bank that has a good view and atmosphere.
Yes when i first started going i sat in the East Stand with my Dad - right up by the North Bank, but as I started to go on my own more and more I stood in the West and have been there ever since.

I am near the Blue Voice area and enjoy the atmosphere there, plus the seats are more comfy than the East as you get older!!

Just heard a strong rumour that as well as White and Coulson that Hobson and Sayers are also injured and unlikely to be fit/risked on Saturday ... Good luck JD
Might end up then with a back four of ;

Howard Demi Ferguson Ralph

(or 3 of the above, with Ferguson in front).

Lots of defensive injuries! Gonna be a struggle to field a defence of defenders! Has to be a victory though... surely!!

Seadon
Howard Ralph xXxX
Phillips demi Dunne Ferguson bridge
Murphy dalby
Arnold was desperately poor v Chesterfield and twice fumbled badly v Eastleigh but remains a much better bet than Seaden for now.

Arnold was desperately poor v Chesterfield and twice fumbled badly v Eastleigh but remains a much better bet than Seaden for now.
I have a feeling that's a forced change rather than a chosen one

I know we want a cup run and to avoid the embarrassment of being beaten by Chertsey but I'm starting to feel relieved this isn't a league game after reading the above posts!

Where's Miles Mitchell-Nelson at the moment? Have a feeling he might be called back into action on Saturday.

EDIT: Just seen he's at Brightlingsea Regent. Not sure if cup-tied or eligible.

Where's Miles Mitchell-Nelson at the moment? Have a feeling he might be called back into action on Saturday.

EDIT: Just seen he's at Brightlingsea Regent. Not sure if cup-tied or eligible.
Might be cup tied, I thought they played a qualifier the other week?

Reckon young Davis from the Under 23's might get a call up. Looks a good prospect. Tall, athletic and good on the ball at the U23 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back