• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth (Check A Trade)

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you more likely to go if it's a full strength team or if he plays some youths?

ps Go anyway and report back pls.

I'm more likely to go if he plays Hutchinson and maybe one other youngster.

I can either pay £8 plus petrol, beer money (etc) or £10 and watch it on ifella.

I'm likely to choose the latter if the likes of Theo, Coxy, Hyam, Kites and Dieng are playing ahead of some younger options.

Be interesting to see the side.

Pompey fan here, we'll definitely be taking it easy tonight. Will probably make 11 changes, and play a lot of youth players. We've been hit by injuries and loan players returning to their clubs, so this is the weakest we've been all season.

Of the 18 in our squad when we played a few months back, would only expect Burgess and Dennis to start tonight. On the plus side, we'll probably have a fairly strong bench!

You are Chaz AND Dave and I claim my £5

Pompey fan here, we'll definitely be taking it easy tonight. Will probably make 11 changes, and play a lot of youth players. We've been hit by injuries and loan players returning to their clubs, so this is the weakest we've been all season.

I wouldn't take it easy if I were you. The check abroad trophy is an ideal chance for small clubs like yourself to have a day out at Wembley. If you had tasted any kind of glory in the last 15 years I would understand a relaxed approach to tonight's clash. Listen, we've been to three such finals in recent memory so we can take it or leave it this year. This cup is a great opportunity for little clubs like Portsmouth to get a taste of the big time. Don't write it off. Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm more likely to go if he plays Hutchinson and maybe one other youngster.

I can either pay £8 plus petrol, beer money (etc) or £10 and watch it on ifella.

I'm likely to choose the latter if the likes of Theo, Coxy, Hyam, Kites and Dieng are playing ahead of some younger options.

Be interesting to see the side.

I wonder how much of the iFollow price goes to the club...?

I wouldn't take it easy if I were you. The check abroad trophy is an ideal chance for small clubs like yourself to have a day out at Wembley. We've been to three such finals in recent memory so we can take it or leave it this year. This cup is a great opportunity for little clubs like Portsmouth to get a taste of the big time. Don't write it off. Cheers.

LOL .. Quality! :Smile::Smile:

I really hope Wabo gets a start in this game. Obviously I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if he thinks he's ready and is being held back this is the perfect throwaway game against League One opposition [not below or U23's] to say go out there and prove it.

Smith starting in goal by the looks of things.

Jeez, good start!

It’s an assumption on the pictures the club’s official twitter just put up. One of Smith’s shirt it may still end up being different.

Of the 18 in our squad when we played a few months back, would only expect Burgess and Dennis to start tonight. On the plus side, we'll probably have a fairly strong bench!

Good to have you aboard, chave.

We had a Pompey fella on here after the 2-0 defeat at your place and I asked him about Connor Chaplin, but he didn't reply.

Was surprised he left for Coventry, as he looked quality at our place last season?

Good to see you guys up the top. Been through a lot in recent times.

Last edited:
It’s an assumption on the pictures the club’s official twitter just put up. One of Smith’s shirt it may still end up being different.

Just surprised NB isn't starting again.

I've kind of heard about 80% goes to the clubs, but have no idea how true that is, though I kept this article from the other week, which outlines it in greater detail and a quote from it, below :-

http://www.sportspromedia.com/analy...nces-price-ott-shaun-harvey-interview-feature

"So UK£10 covers the costs and returns 80 per cent of that revenue back to the clubs.”
Yep each club gets £8 back from the £10. Make sure if you do watch it, you use the Southend link otherwise Portsmouth could end up with your money.

I've made an 11th hour decision to go to RH, but the coverage when I have used it on ifella has been excellent I have to say.

Back