• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Right, can't wait for this big Easter Monday clash.

I love Easter Monday matches, me.

Who can forget that 1-1 draw with Watford that time or when we all got booted up in the air by Millwall in 1980. The match was a bit physical, as well! :thump:

Anyway, Roots Hall will be rocking with a bumper Bank Holiday crowd. Can't wait!

* receives tap on shoulder *

Apparently it's been moved to Wednesday night! .. What a palava, eh?

Right, after yesterday's swashbuckling performance I'm expecting 7 changes, as we aim to keep up our 100% record on TV this season.

COYB!

5351 home tickets sold so far. I don't know what the final total will be, but I can't see Sheffield bringing down anywhere near as many as they would have done on Easter Monday. We really need a good result to lift the players and the fans after the Rochdale pain. My guess is that Piotr Malarczyk will play apart, but as for the irest of the team I'll just wait and see.

It's good for the Blues supporters that can't get to the game that Sky are covering it, but I hope it doesn't affect the final gate too much.

Hoping for a 7k crowd on the day to keep up our average for the season, but i personally doubt it (hope to be proved wrong, after the 9k+ attendance we had against Gillingham).

As for the day, any performance better than the Rochdale one, will be an improvement in my books. So in that case, being forever the optimist..... Im going for a tough and very lucky 2-1 win completely against all odds.

UTB

Personally can't see sheffield united bringing anymore than about 600 odd. I'm sure they would have brought about 1500 on the Monday in a 8k+ gate. As it is we will be lucky to hit 7k with it being on TV.

Personally can't see sheffield united bringing anymore than about 600 odd. I'm sure they would have brought about 1500 on the Monday in a 8k+ gate. As it is we will be lucky to hit 7k with it being on TV.

Personally I'd dump the loanees now if there's no chance of them staying next season. I'm assuming we've still got a chance of signing Barnett (Loza can just F off, not anywhere near good enough) but what's the point of playing McQueen and Kamara now?

Let's give the likes of McLaughlin, Timlin and Weston another go, if we don't play them now then who's to know whether they're worth keeping hold of next season.

Personally I'd dump the loanees now if there's no chance of them staying next season. I'm assuming we've still got a chance of signing Barnett (Loza can just F off, not anywhere near good enough) but what's the point of playing McQueen and Kamara now?

Let's give the likes of McLaughlin, Timlin and Weston another go, if we don't play them now then who's to know whether they're worth keeping hold of next season.
Barnett not scored goals, probably stifled by Browns tactics. Thought Loza would have been better. Weston being nursed back after injury maybe. Timlin has suffered from injuries too but not sure he is up to this level.
Would like to keep them if a new manager comes in before season end to see new approach.
Sheffield will be a tougher test than when we drew at their place.:thanks::thanks:

Would anyone else be slightly irritated if our heroes manage to raise their game for the Sky cameras again ?!?

Personally I'd dump the loanees now if there's no chance of them staying next season. I'm assuming we've still got a chance of signing Barnett ....... but what's the point of playing McQueen and Kamara now?

Absolutely my thoughts ......... unless there is some idea of signing any of these players but my view is that I would not sign Kamara or McQueen ................ so let's go back to playing our own players please.

And I would resist the temptation to make wholesale changes. Add some more experience in the midfield by replacing Kamara with either Atko or Tims is the minimum for me ........... and possibly consider giving Wordsworth a "rest" - he just seemed off the game on Friday. A better midfield shield will assist the defence and assist Payne and Barnett up front.

Think Wordsworth needs to start in his proper position in the more advanced central midfield role ahead of Deegan.Then Worrall back on the wing and either Hurst or Atkinson on the other for more protection to our fullbacks who struggled v Rochdale.Also the new guy at the back instead of Thompson.

The wind speeds today at 15:00hrs are forecast to be 40mph. That would have led to good quality football had we played today........every cloud etc.

Back