• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
His sole task would IMO to mark Akinfenwa
We need to win a game at home against a team in worse form than us. He needs to do more than just mark Akinfenwa, who's been no where near as effective this season as he has been (1 goal in 16 appearances since mid Oct). If Dieng comes into the squad then it's a massive opportunity for him, because his performances have really dropped off in recent months

Bottom line is, we win 3 of our last 5 games we should be ok. No point looking at other struggling teams fixtures, just focus on ours.
If we don't secure the necessary results, then it's our fault?.

spot on .....we know what we have to do and if we can't beat Wycombe and Walsall who are just as poor as us then we don't deserve to stay in this league....

Apparently Wycombe put in a decent performance against Charlton so it's not going to be a pushover.They sold 400 out of there 1000 allocation looks like we have sold over 6000 so let's get RH rocking in a must win game.

It’s in our own hands, at least, and if we are good enough we will stay up. And I think we are good enough- just! We are fortunate that our remaining fixtures can help us and do direct damage to others around us in the relegation fight. 7 points from Wycombe, Walsall and Rochdale might be enough. Such a big, big game this Saturday. It’s been said many times before but it is the hope that kills you!

The only side that are doing worse than we are over the last 10 games. If we don't beat these we don't deserve to stay up. Simple as that

KEVIN Bond wants Southend United’s supporters to make the difference in Saturday’s crunch clash with Wycombe Wanderers.

More...

Really nervous about this one. Week after week, I read fans' views of Wycombe and how awful their tactics are. They seem to like time wasting, diving and feigning injury. I really hope we don't get sucked into it and the ref is strong with them.

I'm also nervous of their long ball tactic. Fleetwood resorted to this more in the 2nd half and we struggled. I'm not even going to go into detail about Akinfenwa!

I'm just hoping we have a bit too much for them and Cox can carry us over the line.

One thing is for sure, the team needs the fans more than ever. East stand; if you hear people shouting abuse, drown them out with positivity. West stand/W block; let's keep the songs and chants going for as long and as loud as possible. I'm sure South stand will join in too.

Come on, let's all step up!

UTB!
Gawd elp us if they score 1st!! :Frustrated:

Interesting, I hope our new ‘tough’ approach includes getting in front of the ref, rolling about a bit after a foul... I know it’s not nice nor the way I want to see SUFC play but it all about small margins right now and gaining any advantages we can.
We need to fall over more often in dangerous areas a la Anthony Grant. Sometimes our players are just too honest and we miss out on free kicks and penalties!

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond is unsure if Harry Bunn will be fit enough to face Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

More...

"There are concerns about others too."

I've been concerned about several of them for quite a while......

Oxley
Elvis/Moore Lennon White Hart
Demetriou Mantom Kiernan Kightly
Cox Humphrys

Possibly a bit controversial but I thought Elvis was a little hard doine by. He was let down by the players in front of him not doing their job properly.

The Peterborough match saw Kightly not tracking back and Mantom for whatever reason being continually drawn toward the middle. Not for the first time this season leaving Elvis badly exposed

Demi is a pretty decent midfield player who would understand what Elvis needs and would I am sure work well with him.

Really no good playing players who are not fit. Bunn and Hyam are major disappointments

Sam Hart has pulled a fair amount of disinterest/critcism in a SZ poll on retaining our loanees. Strangely, he has managed to once again poll the most votes to date by SZ voters for this Saturday's starting eleven. He has also managed to top the 'starting eleven poll votes for the last few games. I find stuff quite confusing on here at times.

Back