• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From the Oxford game Barry Corr looked pretty in control of the box when we were defending set pieces. I would say if he does the same and marks Cresswell he could be a pain in Cresswell's arse.

Cresswell to get sent off! Southend to win 2-0!! Where are you? Lets be having you! Southend fans the 12th man! :loyalsupporter:

Let's all be positive.A win tomorrow takes us up to 6th and into a play off spot.A draw up to 8th and just outside.A touchdown followed by the extra point would actually take us top !

I'm hoping for us to have a good win with Eastwood, Corr and Woodrow to get amongst the goals, thought it'll most probably be a pulsting no score draw.

Just a decision on what to put my tenner on?

I was one of the people who slammed him after he left. If there is truth in he would come back and he left because of finances etc. It is understandable but why not just say that?
Because he played the game, kept his mouth shut to get the wages he was owed, I can just imagine him being told "tow the line and say you're leaving because you're homesick and you'll get your money, slate me in the press and you can kiss goodbye to your cash",
What would you do ?

2-1 Southend. Freddy and Coker with the goals. Attendance will be just under the 6,000 mark, with 200 travelling from Fleetwood.

Of course, it will be Cressy who scores there consolation.

Because he played the game, kept his mouth shut to get the wages he was owed, I can just imagine him being told "tow the line and say you're leaving because you're homesick and you'll get your money, slate me in the press and you can kiss goodbye to your cash",
What would you do ?

Exactly this. He was probably just happy to toe the party line to ensure he didn't end up out of pocket.

Personally I won't be giving him any stick. Think he was a terrific player for us, gave us some great moments and he is badly missed.

Bentley
White (c) Phillips Kerian Coker,
Hurst, Clifford Atkinson Leonard Payne
Corr

Subs: Chambers, Prosser, Augar, Timlin, Straker, Woodrow & Eastwood

2-1 Blues

Bentley
White (c) Phillips Kerian Coker,
Hurst, Clifford Atkinson Leonard Payne
Corr

Subs: Chambers, Prosser, Augar, Timlin, Straker, Woodrow & Eastwood

2-1 Blues

There is no way we should be playing 4-5-1 at home in my opinion.

Interesting games this one. If my memory serves me right, like Morecombe, we havnt beaten this lot so far, albeit only a few games. My guess is they will be big and strong, baring in mind they have Parkin on the bench, the white akinfenwa. If we play our football then we have a chance. Weve played well at home over the first 25 mins or so and apart from Plymouth havnt scored an early goal. We then have lost our way and struggled, so an early goal would be great. If we get that early goal i can see us going on to win, the team should be playing with confidence after the last couple of league performances. As for Cresswell, im more worried with him coming up for set pieces, than i am his defending. A real 100% guy, but really not as good as many have made out and cost us a few goals last season, especially back end of the season. Not sure without looking, but has he been a first team regular all season for them. I defo would play Corr up front against him and get him unsettled.

My team:
Bentley
White, Keirnan, Phillips, Coker
Husrt, clifford or payne, leonard, atkinson
Fred (if 100% fit) or woodrow, Corr

Smith, cliiford/payne, fred/woodrow, straker, reid, prosser, timlin

Scor 2-1 - Corr and Hurst - att 6200 with 59 from fleetwood

Interesting to see what formation we go for tonight, Penney said in the interview that 4-5-1/4-3-3 can work at home too - may have been a double-bluff to Fleetwood though. I suspect it will depend if Freddy is fit or not as I can't really see him operating in that formation. My guess is he is not 100% yet so will be on the bench again.

The other conundrum is whether to recall Prosser, I would say no as Kiernan contributed to the clean sheet at Burton and so deserves to keep his place. Of course there is always the possibility that Phillips isn't fit so it could be a Kiernan/Prosser partnership!

Some have said they think that Jack Payne may get a start, but I can't see it myself - good as he's been when coming on as sub. I think that's the best role for him - youthful exuberance running at tired old legs late in the game. Which therefore leads me to predict we will line up as follows:

Bentley​

White Phillips Kiernan Coker

Leonard Atkinson Clifford​

Hurst Corr Woodrow​

Subs: Smith, Prosser, Straker, Timlin, Payne, Reid, Eastwood

Final Score: 2-1 (Hurst, Corr)

Crowd: 5376 (47 from Fleetwood)

Back