• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home form continues to be a problem. We got away with it last year as away results were much better but it will not be as easy this season.

We have only won 30 out of our last 73 home games since start of 2012/3 season. I would imagine that is a pretty poor record compared with the rest of the Football League.

Home games over the past 3 seasons plus the start of this seasom.

Played 73, Won 30, Drawn 23, Lost 20. For 80, Against 55.

I would say the goals Against is pretty good but the goals For is very poor.

Can't be anything compared to the legend in his own underpants in the East Greens- based on helping sir paint the white lines at primary school thinks he's an expert but with every very loud utterance proves he knows absolutely nothing except how to irritate everyone. Even got into a shouting match with PB at some point. I assume he is sponsored by Col U to turn up every week.

Certtainly his loud ranting can only have a negative impact on the team. Sad, very sad.

Was he sitting about 8 rows from the front ?!? the 'take a touch' man ? Yep he was pretty incessant.

As for suggesting that McClaughlin starts on Saturday Rayleigh Dan, the only time I noticed him on Saturday was when he curled that corner straight out of play at the death......

The McLaughlin corner at the death was SO frustrating. Everyone up (including GK)...just ping it into the six-yard box and anything could happen with that amount of bodies in there. For him to hit it straight out of play is one of the exceptionally rare occasions when I think "even I could have done better there"! Alternatively, we must have had a right-footer on the pitch who could have sent in an 'in-swinger'? Ultimately, we were disappointing and credit must be given to Shrewsbury but it is the little things like the McLaughlin corner that just might have made a difference...

We have only won 30 out of our last 73 home games since start of 2012/3 season. I would imagine that is a pretty poor record compared with the rest of the Football League.

Home games over the past 3 seasons plus the start of this seasom.

Played 73, Won 30, Drawn 23, Lost 20. For 80, Against 55.

I would say the goals Against is pretty good but the goals For is very poor.
Wow that must be one of the worst records - average 1 goal a home game over the last 3 years is very poor...that day in May made it all worth it though.

Officials - just about the worst collectively I've seen at RH. Clear fouls on our players given, inexplicably, the wrong way. Worrall penalised twice for a shoulder charge but their players got away with the same, was the goal scorer allowed to get away without a red card? From my perspective, yes, the guy was last player so the yellow should have been a red. We were doing a JB POTM presentation today, and I was reliably informed that Andy d'Urso was in the directors' box presumably doing an assessment, on that performance this ref will end up in the Conference.

One of the most frustrating and annoying games I've seen at the Hall in recent times.

Maybe D'Urso's report wasn't as damning as you (wrongly) thought it should be.

Far from being in the Conference, he has been given next weekend's big televised Championship clash between Derby and Burnley !

My post in the Refwatch thread explains why the goalscorer should not have been sent off and the referee was, in my opinion, better than Simon Hooper the week before. But we won that one.

Winning a game always makes you a bit more ambivalent towards refs, Mick! He was just so inconsistent though, ended up frustrating everyone.

My first home game of the season. I turned up, the players did'nt !!! Shrews set there stall out early doors with 5 in the middle. Lack of ideas and did'nt listen to/ could'nt implement instructions from the bench. AWFUL.

Was he sitting about 8 rows from the front ?!? the 'take a touch' man ? Yep he was pretty incessant.

As for suggesting that McClaughlin starts on Saturday Rayleigh Dan, the only time I noticed him on Saturday was when he curled that corner straight out of play at the death......

True, Mclaughlin was very poor and probably doesn't deserve to start, I just wish we'd put players in their proper bloody positions. Timlin isn't a left winger, McLaughlin and Weston are so play one of them, in fact even Worrall or Atkinson would be a better option than Timlin as at least they're more natural wide men.

It just seems to me that Brown's defensive mentality always comes to the fore, if we're going 4-4-2 play 2 proper wingers. Otherwise if he's that desperate to pack the centre of the pitch we may as well revert to 4-5-1, at least we'd have some width and not leave poor Coker with zero cover. Don't start me on Brown's decision to single him out for criticism either.

Back