• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sensed in the interview Spicer did after the last game he was getting a bit fed up of just being a triallist. I want to hear from Sturrock a yes or no on all of them, getting a bit bored of "he's staked a claim".

We are all getting a bit bored with it to be honest. To not know your squad this close to the start of the season and to still have trialist after trialist is quite frankly pathetic.

Its also not fair on the likes of Spicer and Brogan. If Sturrock says no, then they do not have time to find another option.

A bit like the stadium that was supposed to have started in July.......................Shambles

Sensed in the interview Spicer did after the last game he was getting a bit fed up of just being a triallist. I want to hear from Sturrock a yes or no on all of them, getting a bit bored of "he's staked a claim".

That's all he could/can say in the situation. Unable to sign players so was stalling on committing.

Im surprised Brogan and Spicer are still here. On the evidence of tonight that need for a goalkeeper and a ball winner in midfielder is even more urgent. Spicer, Brogan, Donnelly all attacking players, we have not replaced Grant or Kalala, that is a big worry for me and contributing to the amount of goals we have shipped pre-season.

0-5

Still Ron has got a few quid to pay the accountant...

Agreed, but probably a lot less than he had hoped for. I'd wager that he had hoped for significantly bigger attendances for the Ipswich, Millwall, and tonights game than what actually transpired.

Bet that done poor old Bentley the world of good.

Still, we will keep taking our time looking for the right one. It's not as if the season starts next week is it. Oh...

Good to see Brogan and Donnelly getting plenty of game time as well.

Thank god we are not under an umbongo. :facepalm:

Come on. Heads up guys, season starts next week, I'm sure we will have a New Keeper for next Saturday and 3pts a couple of goals for Freddy wouldn't go a miss, to gets us a buzzing again. I for one am looking forward to the season starting.:thumbsup:

Complete over reaction. I couldn't care less about tonight. They are not just a youth side, 8 of their starting line up have played in the prem league or Europa league so that isn't exactly a youth team. Rose was playing the GB team last week as well. Add to the fact that our season starts on Tuesday the players were hardly going to throw themselves about. Spurs were good and second half we were poor, but really not bothered. Acc Stanley are not spurs.

Friendly results mean nothing, I am sure you will get a decent keeper in before the real stuff starts, many good guys still out of work are probably holding off until the last day or two to obtain the best deal for themselves, it is not just about the amount of money length of contract is just as important these days.

To call this Spurs youth team is a bit harsh. Harry Kane played at Millwall last season and was England's best player in the recent under 19 Euro's (he scored a hat rick tonight), Townsend has played regularly on loan in the Championship for various clubs, Falque and Mason both played for Championship clubs on loan last seasons, Smith was outstanding for MK Dons last season in league 1, Obika has had a couple of spells at Yeovil in League 1 and I assume Rose was Danny Rose, who just played most games for Team GB in the Olympics.

shocking defensive display tonight, the back 4 were too scared to put a tackle in! gulf in class was obvious, but some of those players looked like they weren't even bothered, ferdinand didn't sprint all game, hall was often lazy, harris and eastwood barely got the ball, total shambles. why would you put our last pre-season game as a tottenham youth/reserve side? unlikely to win it and could completely destroy confidence, should've been a local non league team to just build a bit of confidence before the season, just seems silly to me. and bentley was ok, kicking looked good, unlucky with a couple of the goals, should've done better on 4th or 5th.

Friendly results mean nothing, I am sure you will get a decent keeper in before the real stuff starts, many good guys still out of work are probably holding off until the last day or two to obtain the best deal for themselves, it is not just about the amount of money length of contract is just as important these days.

Col U chappy. You seem to care a great deal about our welfare. Where is the rivalry in that over-friendly nonsense above?

If he wasnt sure about Brogan and Donnelly why did they stay on the bench, surely needed to see them play? Shocking defensively today. Very worrying

As I said earlier not too bothered about tonite. Pre season for me has been ok, we have improved the squad and looking at the games we have beaten the teams we should and lost to those we should on paper. Including on that we beat Ipswich, only narrowly lost to millwall and Charlton. The west ham game came after only a week of training and they had already played three times and tonite we played against a very good prem reserve side. All in all not surprised by any result really.

Back