• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was crap because he is crap.

Either way, I'm pretty sure he's played on the wing more than up front over his career. That's where he played at Motherwell and at Inverness. In fact has he ever played up front for anyone other than for a bit at Carlisle?

Gary Poole for £375,000 a club record at the time I think was a joke. Possibly the worst defender I have seen, failed to realise he was **** and kept getting caught in possesion. Missed a vital Pen vs west Brom in Taylors first game in charge.
If this had not been mentioned, i would have,at a when we seem not to be able lay our hands on much cash at all, 375,000 that many years ago, for a overweight player, who turned out to be average at best was criminal

If this had not been mentioned, i would have,at a when we seem not to be able lay our hands on much cash at all, 375,000 that many years ago, for a overweight player, who turned out to be average at best was criminal

Gary Poole, Gary Poole, Gary Gary Poole, gets the ball, does feck all, Gary Gary Poole.....we didn't sing that for nothing...useless was Gary Poole

Most of Little, David Webb (his return for 2nd time in 2000/01) & Rob Newman signing is the worst one, like Gordon Connelly, Belgrave, G. Jones etc

<quote>Tommy Mooney and £100k for Keith Dublin. Still, we did get rid of Derek Payne.... </quote>

Good point. That was the £100k we got for the Jon Hunt swap too. That was the few months in the Peter Taylor spell that prepared us for future relegations

Freddy Eastwood from Dale Farm. Gets a lucky goal or two, flog him as soon as possible, and only now has it been revealed that the cost of getting him out of Dale Farm is £18.2m.

No wonder the club is in such a state.

mario walsh remember him
mario walsh was a dirty git, caught a cross once while playing in goal and he caught me with a late elbow that caught me right in the throat and the ref never even booked him as he was licking the refs crack all the time, mark cooper was also playing, dirty git as well.

Didn't Peter Taylor when he was hull manager advise Tilly paynter was the striker we needed so Tilly jumps out and spends 250 k on him and we have been on a downward spiral ever since ?

Didn't Peter Taylor when he was hull manager advise Tilly paynter was the striker we needed so Tilly jumps out and spends 250 k on him and we have been on a downward spiral ever since ?

Paynter's success at Swindon justifies Spud's recommendation, so don't think you can blame him.

Carl Emberson, or Wignall's son-in-law springs to mind.

I remeber him playing in a pre season match against Leicester, he was S&&te, me and my mates were absolutely slating him and abusing him when a woman in front turned round to have a go at us and stop being unkind.......turned out to be mrs Emberson. The only decent thing with Emberson as their last name.

1 The right back in Rob Newman Alun Little reign (Name escapes me - The 2 most clueless managers we ever had) who used to hoof the ball up to the forwards, but that could be the tactics that made him do that as it also gave Maher his crab tag:winking:

2 Jerome Boare (loved his two finger salute to us when he scored the winner v Palace in our 2-1 win over them)

3 Paul (where's the pies) Bryne - Ronnies drinking partner

4 Gilbert - Completely useless statue

5 Mark Prudhoe - another statue

6 Andy Sussex (the penalty v Swindon that Stan wanted to take and was told no because Sussex was our penalty miss taker - We all knew he would miss and reading Stan's lips as he threw the ball down for him was pricelsess )

7 That statue we brought from Man City name eludes me but seemed to score against when playing for Darlo - Connely i think his name is

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that the few times I saw Foran actually play, he didn't look that bad.

But financially and for the team, it was a poor bit of business.

6 Andy Sussex (the penalty v Swindon that Stan wanted to take and was told no because Sussex was our penalty miss taker - We all knew he would miss and reading Stan's lips as he threw the ball down for him was pricelsess )

Sussex probably made up for it with THAT goal aginst Luton.

Back