• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southern Area Finalists Again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 26 2005,00:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 25 2005,23:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,22:29)]lazy sods.  Just wanted to read a match review, clearly too much to ask!
Not really but I was one man tonight doing the report, interviews and everything else tonight. Like to see some people on here try who are so quick to mug everything off.
Didn't realise just how much running about you actually had to do until tonight, so I certainly won't be moaning about things like that from now on.  
wink.gif
Rubbish! When Mrs. OS was due to sing before the Mansfield game, Scriv was sitting behind his desk with his feet up, ordering everyone around. When I said 'Hi, we're here' bla, bla, bla... Scriv said:

"So? What do you want me to do about it? Just sod off coz it's time for my pre-match nap."

I tried to express my disgust, but by the time I uttered the first word, he was already snoring.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,09:50)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,22:29)]lazy sods.  Just wanted to read a match review, clearly too much to ask!
Not really but I was one man tonight doing the report, interviews and everything else tonight. Like to see some people on here try who are so quick to mug everything off.
Didn't realise just how much running about you actually had to do until tonight, so I certainly won't be moaning about things like that from now on.  
wink.gif
Rubbish! When Mrs. OS was due to sing before the Mansfield game, Scriv was sitting behind his desk with his feet up, ordering everyone around. When I said 'Hi, we're here' bla, bla, bla... Scriv said:

"So? What do you want me to do about it? Just sod off coz it's time for my pre-match nap."

I tried to express my disgust, but by the time I uttered the first word, he was already snoring.

rock.gif
You're a fine one to talk...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,09:50)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

rock.gif
I know you're fibbing.

Pre-match nap? If you'd have said pre-match pie, I might have been fooled!

Actually I think that day it was pre-match Big Mac and Fries with a Still Fanta.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 25 2005,23:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif
Don't start giving Dave the sympathy vote. He'll think we all love him when all we want to do is use him (not sexually). Dave running ? Yea right !
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Jan. 26 2005,00:11)]LDV Southern Area Final

Away leg 15.2.05

Home leg 08.3.05

Because Bristol Rovers were drawn out before us in the LDV SEMI Draw, they play at home in the first leg and then we are at home for the second leg.
If that's true, then fuggin' get in!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here's hoping I get to witness Mr. Custard Splat blubbing again this season for all the right reasons...

biggrin.gif

Im pretty peeved that it's going to be on a tuesday night. I dont finish lessons until 8.15 on that day, so no chance of getting to the game. I was going to make the Bristol away game.

Or shall I bunk my lesson.......
wow.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry Techy, you're wrong... we don't yet know which leg will be home first and which will be away first. This is off the Bristol Rovers official site...

0,,10328~454465,00.jpg

Bristol Rovers will play-off against fellow Coca-Cola League Two side Southend United over two legs for a place at the Millennium Stadium in the final of the LDV Vans Trophy.

Southend defeated West Country rivals Swindon Town 2-0 this evening, thanks to goals from Lawrie Dudfield and former Rovers trialist Nicky Nicolau.

The games will take place three weeks apart, one at the Memorial Stadium, and the other at Roots Hall.

A draw to determine who will play at home in which leg will be made behind closed doors at Football League headquarters this morning, and will then be conveyed to clubs via fax and e-mail.

The first leg of the final will take place during the week commencing Monday 14th February, the second leg during the week commencing Monday 7th March.

In the northern section, Oldham Athletic will play Wrexham over two legs on the same fates after the two teams edged past Tranmere Rovers and Hereford United respectively.

The competition final will take place on Sunday 10th April.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,11:44)]Actually I think that day it was pre-match Big Mac and Fries with a Still Fanta.
It was indeed. Probably cold Big Mac and fries by the time you got round to eating it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Jan. 26 2005,00:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Jan. 26 2005,00:26)]
but I think my previous post is the way it is decided

Your right with the dates as can be found on the football league website, however it sounds a very strange way to decide who's at home/away first and I'd be extremely surprised if it was the second reason.

I'm still fairly sure its the normal draw on Sky Sports Soccer AM as it always is and was for the final last year.
as highlighted, I stated that my earlier post was how it is decided. It's pointless having a draw to decide who plays at home first, so the logical way to do it, is one of the first two drawn in the SF draw gets the home leg first in the area final.
May not have been on Sky, however was pretty convinced still needed a draw to be decided!

Draw behind closed doors at FA Headquarters! Your 'club source' was obviously wrong!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,10:56)]Or shall I bunk my lesson.....
I think we both know which is the right choice
wink.gif

I haven't even got my new timetable yet but I've booked a half day already...

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,22:29)]lazy sods. Just wanted to read a match review, clearly too much to ask!
wink.gif
Running from one bar to another ...

wink.gif

Correct, TrueBlue, Chelmsford City it is. Hope to be back at RH for the 2nd leg v Rovers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 26 2005,13:23)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif
Running from one bar to another ...

wink.gif
Thats a hard life aint it
laugh.gif

Back