• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spencer Prior

He needs to come back and become a coach for our defenders show them how to keep a clean sheet!

He bought the cafe a few years before he ritired, thinking ahead, so when he retired he was just going to go and sit in it!!

Any news on Prior's caff!? Am going out to Oz soon and would like to see if he can make me a decent cup of tea.

Looked on Fox Sports but couldn't see any info about him...

Spinner told me a early last season that he was opening a rock bar of some kind in Sydney, so maybe thats something to look for too. He said that he'd bought a place in Manley, which is not a cheap area to live!! Well worth the ferry journey, just to see a decent beach & chill out. Not much there, but the journey is a good one!

I spoke to him at the sponsors evening a couple of Octobers ago, but that is what he was talking about doing. Who knows?

Nice bit on Spinner and his career on Premier League World (BT Sport). Now coaching Thailand Ladies but sounded very keen to coach at a high as level as possible.

I remember getting the train from Rayleigh to college and saw Spinner on the train at Hockley or Rochford. Top Man

Nice bit on Spinner and his career on Premier League World (BT Sport). Now coaching Thailand Ladies but sounded very keen to coach at a high as level as possible.

I posted on a different Spinner thread that I've run into him a few times now at league matches in Bangkok. Sometimes he goes on the terraces to watch the match....sometimes just stays outside the ground getting very merry. He knows he's right up against it coaching the Thai ladies team as they have no Womens league at all, they only get together for international matches. He took them over to the States a few months back, needless to say they got hammered.

He asked me if I wanted to come onto the coaching team to translate, his current translator isn't getting the right message across. He said in one game he told them to sit back and protect a lead, that somehow translated into "Go gung ho" and they conceded a couple of late goals. As much as I would have jumped at the chance my Thai is pretty awful so I had to decline.

Back