• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

what suprised me was we had brogan on trial and he could put the ball away and then didnt sign him.
UTB

I see that he is a good player on the ball, has a calm head, decent passing. Just needs to tackle more and get in the game more, I think I prefer him to Ferdinand, and if given more games I think he will hit some really good form.

from wiki: "The highlight of Spicer's first season at Burnley was taking over as goalkeeper after Burnley's Brian Jensen was sent off in a match at Luton Town. Despite having no previous experience as a goalkeeper, Spicer played well enough during his hour in goal to ensure a 3–2 victory."

Another wannabe goaly by the looks of it!

IMHO, John Spicer appears to be having difficulty predicting what Michael Timlin is going to do next at any given point in a match. I am a big fan of Michael, but, at the moment, all I see is a player over compensating for a long period of loss of form. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a "headless chicken", but he seems to be trying almost too hard, which is affecting his positional discipline. This, in turn, seems to affect Johns game, as not only does he not know what Michael will do next, but also that, a lot of the time, he is either not where he is supposed to be, or where John himself is supposed to be. Might explain the rather confused appearance that John exudes at the moment.

I like him. Not as dynamic as Grant but a good passer who rarely concedes possession even under pressure. Basically what we need if we want to move from supposed 'hoofball' to a more varied style. Love him to be all-action too but I suppose that's why he's not still playing Championship football.

Also not sure I agree with the comments about his performance against Exeter. Agree he wasn't spectacular but, apart from a 15 minute period at the start of the 2nd half, I don't think we were particularly over-run in the centre.

Spicer caught the eye in the pre season matches sprayed the ball about well and looked an all round quality player .But since he was given a contract he seemes to have lost his way . I beleve the problem we have is we are so short of bodys the team picks its self and we havent got anyone to make him fight for his place .

100% agree with this. Just what I would have typed

Journeyman. Towards the back end of his career. Fills a gap for us, but isn't anything special.

Southend 4 , Burton 0 , and now the home side have been awarded a penalty in the last minute.
A real debate here on who should take it , with both Spicer and Benyon on their hat tricks......................my prediction on the radio commentary tomorrow night :winking:

Southend 4 , Burton 0 , and now the home side have been awarded a penalty in the last minute.
A real debate here on who should take it , with both Spicer and Benyon on their hat tricks......................my prediction on the radio commentary tomorrow night :winking:

I will nosh you off if this happens

Back