• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sponsored parachute jump/sky dive

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Those of you who are Trust members will probably have seen mention of pursuing the above as a potential fund raising idea in the latest newsletter.

I thought I would seek some thoughts from amongst the Zone membership, and particularly from those who aren't Trust members, and see if anyone has any experience in arranging one of these or even might be interested in taking part in one?

Here's a thought, would anyone actually be interested in taking part? We're currently throwing some ideas about, and haven't yet come up with a finalised format, but it would seem sensible that participants raise sponsorship to a guaranteed amount, some of which would go to the Trust, and some to a charity, which might be a designated one or might be of the participant's choosing - those details are not decided as yet.

So, please, if you have any interest or experience in this kind of fund raiser, I would be interested to hear:

A) Any advice on organising

B) Any suggestions on organising

C) Any interest in participating

Thanks guys (and ladies!).

The world record is approx 135,000 feet. If you match that I'll bung in a tenner.

Last edited:
Didn't Felix Baumgartner smash that when he did it from space.

I'd be interested in taking part always wanted to do a sky dive.

Wrong way round. FB got beaten by a Google executive whose name I cannot recall, who got to 135,000 feet IIRC.

Those of you who are Trust members will probably have seen mention of pursuing the above as a potential fund raising idea in the latest newsletter.

I thought I would seek some thoughts from amongst the Zone membership, and particularly from those who aren't Trust members, and see if anyone has any experience in arranging one of these or even might be interested in taking part in one?

Here's a thought, would anyone actually be interested in taking part? We're currently throwing some ideas about, and haven't yet come up with a finalised format, but it would seem sensible that participants raise sponsorship to a guaranteed amount, some of which would go to the Trust, and some to a charity, which might be a designated one or might be of the participant's choosing - those details are not decided as yet.

So, please, if you have any interest or experience in this kind of fund raiser, I would be interested to hear:

Kay,
You might want to pm Rob Noxious.He was supposed to do a sponsored jump a few years ago now-but pulled out at the last minute.

I'd love to do a parachute jump, count me in if it happens

Fantastic, thank you. Would be interested in what you think about "guaranteeing" a sum of money to take part and about getting sponsorship?

I know sometimes wit the likes of parachute jumps you have to give a minimum and if you don't collect enough sponsorship you have to stump up out of your own pocket which I really couldn't afford to do. Is the money all going to The Trust? I think people are less likely to sponsor something like The Trust than they are a cancer charity for instance so not sure what sort of money I could possibly raise

I know sometimes wit the likes of parachute jumps you have to give a minimum and if you don't collect enough sponsorship you have to stump up out of your own pocket which I really couldn't afford to do. Is the money all going to The Trust? I think people are less likely to sponsor something like The Trust than they are a cancer charity for instance so not sure what sort of money I could possibly raise

No, I don't think so, I think the idea is you raise the money to cover the cost of the jump (not sure what that is atm) and then additional sponsorship which I believe the intention is to split between the Trust and a charity - whether that is an agreed charity or whether it's to a charity of the participants' individual choices hasn't been agreed as yet.

Although this sounds like a nice idea I think that DWB may have a point, so it's worth checking how much the jump would cost. I did a skydiving course about twelve years ago and a tandem jump was around £150 at the time. I'm sure you can get discounted for bulk but there's no guarantee you'll all be able to jump on the same day (it's very weather-dependant). Having said all that, good luck. It's an amazing experience.

Although this sounds like a nice idea I think that DWB may have a point, so it's worth checking how much the jump would cost. I did a skydiving course about twelve years ago and a tandem jump was around £150 at the time. I'm sure you can get discounted for bulk but there's no guarantee you'll all be able to jump on the same day (it's very weather-dependant). Having said all that, good luck. It's an amazing experience.

Thank you, it's all in the planning stage at the moment, this thread was purely to get some idea of interest.

Back