• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

St Georges Day

With our national day tommorow how will you be celebrating. I'll be looking foward to avenging the carrot crunchers 4-0 decimation of us at their wonky pitch by downing a few small pints of ale. Probably end up in dagenham as canary wharf looks like doing bugger all for old george.

Havent decided yet.
cool.gif

Taking the whole day off and going on a big pub crawl.

It'll be all round London - any ideas for a theme? Which pubs should we definitely visit?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 22 2004,10:44)]It'll be all round London - any ideas for a theme? Which pubs should we definitely visit?
Circle Line crawl
Monopoly crawl
Jack The Ripper crawl

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 22 2004,11:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 22 2004,10:44)]It'll be all round London - any ideas for a theme? Which pubs should we definitely visit?
Circle Line crawl
Monopoly crawl
Jack The Ripper crawl
Done The Circle and (part of) The Piccadilly. But Monopoly? There's something for us to consider. Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 22 2004,11:13)]But Monopoly? There's something for us to consider. Cheers
A mate has done the Monopoly - you have to start early if you're going to succeed. And you'll also have to dress relatively smartly if, despite being completely bolloxed, you are to succeed getting into (say) the Dorchester or similar when you're doing Park Lane & Mayfair.

Here are a couple of sites - in the first, they've done it in order; in the latter it's done geographically.

Monopoly Pub Crawl - as per the board

Monopoly Pub Crawl - by area

cool.gif

Matt

Maybe Monopoly is a bit beyond us after all. East London Line sounds more up my street. That or the Olympia branch of the District Line
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 22 2004,11:46)]I mite do rochford theres a good place for a pub crawl
Watch out for all the pikies in their dealer boots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 22 2004,11:55)]I dont do St Georges Day. Cue abuse........
biggrin.gif
Good, you're a paddy, and proud. How amny English people celebrate St Patrick's day more than tomorrow?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 22 2004,11:55)]I dont do St Georges Day. Cue abuse........
biggrin.gif
No abuse from me Vange. The thing for me about St George's Day is that you get loads of English people who go out on the lash for an Irish festival (St Patrick's), but never bother with their own country's patron saint.

For that reason, I try to make a point of going out on St George's Day. If you don't, fair play to you, s'your choice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 22 2004,12:18)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
No abuse from me Vange. The thing for me about St George's Day is that you get loads of English people who go out on the lash for an Irish festival (St Patrick's), but never bother with their own country's patron saint.

For that reason, I try to make a point of going out on St George's Day. If you don't, fair play to you, s'your choice.
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Nail on the head for me.</span>

Back