• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

American sport is totally different culture wise to ours. Same as American football they have their carpark BBQ's etc.

So what was the food like yesterday, those that went?

Bland burger with watery ketchup 4/10

Well don't buy the stuff the; it only encourages them.

Anyone (well, nearly anyone) can manage without a burger for a couple of hours !

Anyone (well, nearly anyone) can manage without a burger for a couple of hours !

My friend thought "new season --- new nosh" but he soon found out the onions were the edible bit.

I always used to look forward to a 'dirty burger' when going to Roots Hall, it was all part of the tradition. These days I tend to go to the Fish House before the game. I always buy a drink and mars bar when in the ground but until they bring back the onions no burgers for me :winking:

People always moan about the so called rubbish burgers and rubbish hotdogs. The fact is they supply food as good if not better than you will get at most weekend bbqs around the country. Stop moaning peeps, if its so tedious don't buy.its revenue for the club at the end of the day :angry:

We had burgers as we'd had no lunch, got them just before kick off. They were okay as burgers go, and onions as well.

Will The Hall have a better than no star rating for this coming season or just about be allowed to continue to trade ?
I have been to a few fairs, fetes and events over the summer already; and the "burger van", "beer van" has come along way from the shabby greasy or flat slops offerings of the past.
Is it a good time for the marketing persons at SUFC to offer up plots for the independent purveyors of refreshments within the ground/car park areas so us, the customers, can have a better matchday experience?
If it is good enough for Wembley Way????

The offers at Roots Hall are woefull... How about taking a look at what other clubs offer? how about trying to make a bit ,ore money by offering some different choices?

Haven't touched the food at roots hall for years,the smell in the east stand is enough to put you off .quite often eat at away grounds though where the food is of a good quality.think we are missing out on another revenue stream here.think a few fingers need pulling out

Get me in as head chef Ron. I hope you all like a mushroom risotto at half time. :smile:

Will The Hall have a better than no star rating for this coming season or just about be allowed to continue to trade ?
I have been to a few fairs, fetes and events over the summer already; and the "burger van", "beer van" has come along way from the shabby greasy or flat slops offerings of the past.
Is it a good time for the marketing persons at SUFC to offer up plots for the independent purveyors of refreshments within the ground/car park areas so us, the customers, can have a better matchday experience?
If it is good enough for Wembley Way????

The "no stars" was a very long time ago, it has a much better rating than that which I'm sure was quoted somewhere on this particular thread.

If I had to choose Roots Hall food or rats innards then sadly the rats belly wins.

Always eat from one of the various local takeaway outlets before going in if I'm hungry.Wouldn't touch the Roots Hall horseburgers if you paid me!!!:sick:

Back