• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Star Wars.. episode whatever it is now..

CANV

Coach
not long to go now.. i am predicting mild disapointment for the many star wars fans on here..
top effects but poor acting from a couple of main characters and a weakish typical holywood style story line..
i hope im wrong and the darker edge to the pre movie hype does give a glimmer of hope

poor acting never stopped Mark Hamill

personally i reckon this cant fail- ive seen some screenshots and they look fantastic- darth vader getting put together and anakin scything down kiddies.

i think it will be rubbish. i loved the first three. the next two looked good until you saw the whole film. another disappointment. should have stopped after return of the jedi

I know I'm now going to get shot down in flames, but I've never seen any of the Star Wars films, should I see them in the order in which they were actually released or the order in which they should have been released
rock.gif

the first three released. then stop. and you will think its good. watch the other two and live you regret 4 hours you will never get back...

clones is good in parts, especially the fight between jango fett and obi wan and the finale where yoda fights count dooku.

phantom is good in a few places as well- darth maul is excellent- and the fight between him and qui-gonn/anakin is superb. (pointless fact- the voice of darth maul is done by shaun's flatmate from shaun of the dead)

I can't wait, 8 days to go and I've got tickets for the 1st night. I thought Phantom Menace and Clones were ok but I'm really optimistic this film will go a long way to silencing everyone who has dissed George Lucas since the release of Phantom Menace.

ps: Lego Star Wars is ace
biggrin.gif

My brother has seen it already! He managed to procure a pirate DVD and, although the quality is pretty bad, he said that the film is awesome and knocks spots off the first two episodes! The literal rise of Vader (a snatch is seen in the trailer) is something else apparently.

However he said that if you're looking for a masterpiece in plot-driven dialogue, you might be disappointed. Lucas still can't quite get that bit right ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 11 2005,15:20)]I know I'm now going to get shot down in flames, but I've never seen any of the Star Wars films, should I see them in the order in which they were actually released or the order in which they should have been released  
rock.gif
Watch Star Wars, The empire strikes back and then stop.

Then watch Return of the Jedi and be disappointed but it wraps the trilogy up.

One thing I have never understood about return of the Jedi is that the Rebellion are the second most powerful armed force in the Galaxy yet they can only manage to send three humans, a wookie and two droids to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the hut who is by any description a third rate gangster at best.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 12 2005,16:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 11 2005,15:20)]I know I'm now going to get shot down in flames, but I've never seen any of the Star Wars films, should I see them in the order in which they were actually released or the order in which they should have been released  
rock.gif
Watch Star Wars, The empire strikes back and then stop.

Then watch Return of the Jedi and be disappointed but it wraps the trilogy up.

One thing I have never understood about return of the Jedi is that the Rebellion are the second most powerful armed force in the Galaxy yet they can only manage to send three humans, a wookie and two droids to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the hut who is by any description a third rate gangster at best.
Well techniclay speaking "General" Solos just one of the rebellion leaders bit of rough , so their not really going send in a planetery strike force ;-).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 12 2005,16:29)]One thing I have never understood about return of the Jedi is that the Rebellion are the second most powerful armed force in the Galaxy yet they can only manage to send three humans, a wookie and two droids to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the hut who is by any description a third rate gangster at best.
well, Luke is a Jedi, one of the only ones left. Hardly just a human!

If Luke Skywalker was 19 years old in A New Hope, how bad have those 19 years been for one Obi-Wan Kenobi to go from this :

obi_wan_vf.jpg

to this :

obi-wan.jpg

WS

biggrin.gif

Back