• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is no budget and never will be ..it is all about the least the owners have to put in to keep and achieve their goals whilst keeping the fans semi happy.

Spot on John. Unfortunately all these posts about strengthening the team in the summer to mount a serious promotion push next season, are regretfully pipe dreams. Several current players names have been mentioned regarding our 'backbone for next season'. No one knows how many of those may want to move on?. And how many players worth 'their salt' would want to sign for us knowing our recent bad reputation in certain matters. There are only so many players still around at this level who played for teams Sturrock managed who possibly he could entice here, unless he decides to call it a day.

Questions are being asked of the players and management and i know that the men at the top are very unhappy with the teams recent performances, i believe that there is a meeting being held today to discuss the recent poor displays.

Questions are being asked of the players and management and i know that the men at the top are very unhappy with the teams recent performances, i believe that there is a meeting being held today to discuss the recent poor displays.

Source? I think it is pretty obvious why we have hit a poor run of form. No pre-season and being hit with injuries/suspensions has made the squad stretched and tired.

Source? I think it is pretty obvious why we have hit a poor run of form. No pre-season and being hit with injuries/suspensions has made the squad stretched and tired.

Sorry can't name source, up to you whether you believe it or not, all i will say is that it's direct from someone at the top not a friend of a friend scenario.

This pre-season excuse is becoming pathetic! So you're telling me our players still aren't able to compete despite a season of games and training because they haven't had a pre-season? What the hell do they do in training every week then? If they are not fit after 9 months of training, there is something drastically wrong.

I'd also be thoroughly disappointed and surprised if the players weren't conducting their own training regime pre-season to ensure they are the best level of fitness they can be to help entice prospective clubs to sign them pre-season.

This whole tired and no pre-season excuse is tired and laughable!

So the 'Men at the Top' expected us to reach the play-offs? The recent poor results have come just at the time the club wants us to renew season tickets. Maybe the meeting is the other way round, the men at the bottom might be unhappy with the way the club is being run?

Talking of renewing season tickets has anyone got their renewal packs yet? I'm sure this has been mentioned on another thread but with only 2 weeks before the deadline you would have expected to have got them by now.

I don't know a great deal about Football specific training , but in athletics if you don't do a decent enough off season (stamina work initially) you can't handle the speed work and as such generally your performances are under par.

Other than those returning from injury I doubt whether there is much fitness work (other than maintenance) done during the season. Its Probably more about keeping sharp, ball work and tactical.

Playing twice a week and doing ball work may well improve the fitness of the average sunday player, but I would imagine that the fitness levels required in the pro game require a much higher base level which can only be obtained by a good preseason effort

So the 'Men at the Top' expected us to reach the play-offs? The recent poor results have come just at the time the club wants us to renew season tickets. Maybe the meeting is the other way round, the men at the bottom might be unhappy with the way the club is being run?

Talking of renewing season tickets has anyone got their renewal packs yet? I'm sure this has been mentioned on another thread but with only 2 weeks before the deadline you would have expected to have got them by now.

As for whether the play offs were expected i couldn't say but i do know that the meeting is as stated and not the other way around although they would have a very valid point in doing so in my opinion!

How the hell are we ever going to have a decent pre-season?
For that you need a full squad, we know Ron Martin does not like paying players. I'm sure thats why we get players in late so he can get away with paying them for 10 months rather than 12 months. Mind you they are probably lucky if they get paid for the 10 months they are here!

Got no reason to disbelieve you, so going on that, this could get very interesting.

Back