• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen Hawking..

Cricko

Stephen Hawking, Master of the Universe about to start on Channel 4 ...be nice to hear peoples thoughts on it after...

Its a bit heavy going.....and only watched a few mins of it....

16 mile tunnel for an experiment is pretty impresive tho....

Anyway, wheres Television-X....:stunned:

I think the fact that SH has had a mindset for 40 years on something and now says the String theory maybe some kind of answer .. IMO it goes to show we actually know nothing, it is all guess work and quantum maths that seem to be ditched at the next awakening.. I have always thought it odd that us as humans of very little time in the Universe as a whole have the audacity to think we know anything at all about the Cosmos and how it works...

There is less sand on all the beaches in the world than stars in our Milky way let alone a different Galaxy of which there are Billions... ( No comments on Chocolate please)

IMO we are all energy vibrating at different levels of consciousness with one model from which we all came from and probably many more worlds out there ...that we call God, the Energy thats gives us love etc ..I would doubt we will ever know all the answers.

I think the fact that SH has had a mindset for 40 years on something and now says the String theory maybe some kind of answer .. IMO it goes to show we actually know nothing, it is all guess work and quantum maths that seem to be ditched at the next awakening.. I have always thought it odd that us as humans of very little time in the Universe as a whole have the audacity to think we know anything at all about the Cosmos and how it works...

There is less sand on all the beaches in the world than stars in our Milky way let alone a different Galaxy of which there are Billions... ( No comments on Chocolate please)

IMO we are all energy vibrating at different levels of consciousness with one model from which we all came from and probably many more worlds out there ...that we call God, the Energy thats gives us love etc ..I would doubt we will ever know all the answers.

Fuc*k me Mate...........come back down....I take it you got in to the programme then??

What?? Sorry cricko that sounded mighty impressive and i agree with everything mate but i have not got a clue what your on about.

Fuc*k me Mate...........come back down....I take it you got in to the programme then??

No,I was interested in what the programme was saying ...Do you not ever question our being here and why?

What?? Sorry cricko that sounded mighty impressive and i agree with everything mate but i have not got a clue what your on about.

Lol...that's ok......Some people ask or think about our origin some don't..

Ozzy will understand ....

i was never really into all that catsuit and screaching glam rock stuff.......what the hell did he do once the novelty of the 1st few hits wore off...:thumbdown:

No,I was interested in what the programme was saying ...Do you not ever question our being here and why?

Lol...that's ok......Some people ask or think about our origin some don't..

Ozzy will understand ....

He he yup ;) (sigh its amusing be me sometimes).

You right we can never say (and it drives me nuts anyone who does). That we know everything , its fantastic someone like Stephen Hawking saying EXTERMINAT ... err no mean changing his mind because new evidence may point away from his theory's. We probably never will know everything , and in away how can we when knowledge comes about by experience. So all we can really do is experince which is basiclly live.

The answers lie somewhere in between science and relgion/philosphie . who knows ;) Youve got to go and find them

i was never really into all that catsuit and screaching glam rock stuff.......what the hell did he do once the novelty of the 1st few hits wore off...:thumbdown:

I believe in a thing called , Heisenberg uncertainty principle yeaahhhh .

Yeah that catsuit was wrong

He he yup ;) (sigh its amusing be me sometimes).

You right we can never say (and it drives me nuts anyone who does). That we know everything , its fantastic someone like Stephen Hawking saying EXTERMINAT ... err no mean changing his mind because new evidence may point away from his theory's. We probably never will know everything , and in away how can we when knowledge comes about by experience. So all we can really do is experince which is basiclly live.

The answers lie somewhere in between science and relgion/philosphie . who knows ;) Youve got to go and find them

I have a problem with the saying "I invented this" Surely everything is and was always there.They just discovered the ways of putting certain things together.

Yes I do but i normally leave it for a alcohol filled Saturday night down the pub.

Although i do have a theory about time travel!!

I have a problem with the saying "I invented this" Surely everything is and was always there.They just discovered the ways of putting certain things together.

Pretty much , yet according to the principles of Quantum , something does not agian a state of being until it can be observed . It would essentially remain in potential. Which makes it even more intresting as they more someone say works on their observations do they define and then crystallize what ever that thing is , in to how they perceved it ?

Your perception is your reality (Robert Anton Wilson)

The Tao that can be named is not the true and enduring Tao (Tao Te Ching)

Back