• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another rumour is there is a Latvian joining too...a certain Valarie Innov. So if Hendrie is a snooker pun source, can we have Innov the Blue as well? I know...it's bad....this thread is quickly going to pot.

It's great cover for McLaughlin too, don't forget he spent half the season out injured. It improves our strength in depth and will also mean that Coker's departure at some point in the future won't be quite such a massive blow with Hendrie in our ranks. I'm sure Coker and Hendrie will play together down the left side at times - both are decent getting forward but the main thing is we'll be solid with those two on the left flank. Good news if true.

Another rumour is there is a Latvian joining too...a certain Valarie Innov. So if Hendrie is a snooker pun source, can we have Innov the Blue as well? I know...it's bad....this thread is quickly going to pot.

If he worked for the Royal Mail, he'd be Innov The Post!

Hendrie is a good player. No doubt. But this is a bit daft spending probable high wages in areas we don't to replace. Unless we push coker further forward or go 3-5-2.

Still be a good signing regardless. Just hope it doesn't upset the apple cart.

Valarie eh ! Be great if he has ginger hair....

Why don't you come over Valarie?!

Let's not forget, when we played 3 at the back before, Coker was one of the 3. Rather than being the wingback. Maybe Brown has this in mind again. I personally wouldn't have Coker in the 3 again, but I'm not the manager. Having said that, Chelsea fans probably thought it was mad putting Azpilicueta (one of the best full backs in Europe) in a back 3. Look how that turned out.

Hendrie is a good player. No doubt. But this is a bit daft spending probable high wages in areas we don't to replace. Unless we push coker further forward or go 3-5-2.

Still be a good signing regardless. Just hope it doesn't upset the apple cart.
if true don't think its daft. how many matches did coker and macca miss . miss the playoffs by one point makes you think............

You are not alone and I don't see how so many are able to say he is an upgrade when they have probably seen him 5 times at most. Coker has been one of our best players over the past few seasons.

best player by the fans ,by the boss who knows ?

I think it's a smokescreen. Unless Brown has serious concerns about Coker and his fitness I can't see the sense in signing another LB. It's good to have a LB who can play CB. But when you need a CB, sign a CB!

]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by manor15 Adding fuel to the fire...

Follow

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982

However, there is a Scottish player who Blues are in talks to try and sign. Chasing this up now for Monday's paper.
11:21 AM - 24 Jun 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Isn't Hendrie Scottish?

Maybe Colin Hendrie
:whistling:

I've RED that BLUES' the lack of signings was making our prospects look BLACK but BROWN isn't YELLOW when backing his own judgement.Due to injuries,Stephen Hendrie hasn't played that many league games,so he may be a bit GREEN,but I'm sure he's in the PINK now.The last full-back we signed,who'd been here on loan was John WHITE.
Sorry about this post-you probably think it's all BALLS! Probably the most contrived so far, but it is close season after all.

Back